Booth Coat

DavidPDavidP Posts: 295Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
@brutal_1 received my booth coat what is the best way to apply to raw drywall or is it best to paint first before applying the booth coat.

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,259Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    DavidP said:

@brutal_1 received my booth coat what is the best way to apply to raw drywall or is it best to paint first before applying the booth coat.

I would probably prime and paint as usual, then apply the booth coat so there is something under it. But maybe @WileECoyote would recommend different?

Ideally? I would cover it w white plastic panels first. Can get them at the big box stores in 4x8 sheets. Then the booth coat will peel off the panels when you're ready for that.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,230Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @DavidP the raw drywall is a bit too porus to be able to remove it easily. If you don't want to go the plastic sheets rout, then you need a flat (dont texture spray) and shiny surface for the booth coat to release from. Get a good quality white paint that will bite in and cover well. Fence and barn paint might be a good choice, or a good quality interior. But honestly, those white sheets of paneling with the plastic coating on them (milkhouse paneling) are really the best way to go.
  • DavidPDavidP Posts: 295Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @WileECoyote I think I will try to primmer and then use an exterior high gloss paint and see how that works.