LOVE your Dead Flat clear!

NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,242Member, Moderator El Moderator
We ordered a quart Thursday afternoon and received it the next day. (Unbelievable!) We had trouble getting another matte clear to look flatter than a semi-gloss. I sprayed two speed shapes this morning. The Metallic Gold one was with one lighter coat. The Orange wood grain one (just a practice one, not actually doing parts with this combo, lol) was with one fully wet coat. Once dry, which didn't take long at all, there is no visible difference in the gloss level or texture. Thanks for such offering such a fool-proof product.

Glenn
Planet Graphics

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,351Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I agree! Their Dead Flat clear is great!
  • Sac_HydroSac_Hydro Posts: 1,050Member ✭✭✭✭
    Who's dead flat clear are you referring to?
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,242Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Sac_Hydro said:

Who's dead flat clear are you referring to?

It's from Big Brain, the forum sponsor. Shot it light and heavy, Both turned out amazing.
    A couple of hours later and it got even flatter. The "wet" coat (orange wood) is just as flat as the lighter coat on the gold one.

Good info.. Looks great!!
    Anybody test the strength or durability of it yet?
    After about 2 hours, it kept getting flatter. Here they are next to our former "matte clear" I had sprayed a couple of months ago. It really is easy to spray. Light or heavy coat. Doesn't matter. It was about 78 degrees and very humid south wind coming in off the gulf.

• VeliVeli Posts: 160Member ✭✭✭
    That dead flat looks great
    Veli said:

That dead flat looks great

Thanks. The best part is that it's fool proof. It flattens out like that even with a fully wet application. And on a humid Louisiana morning.
  • PTC_HydroGraphXPTC_HydroGraphX Posts: 1,107Member ✭✭✭✭
    @NotSoFast Dammnnnnn!!!! Now that's flat!! Looks great man!

@NotSoFast Dammnnnnn!!!! Now that's flat!! Looks great man!

Thanks.
  • esoutfittersesoutfitters Posts: 283Member ✭✭✭
    @NotSoFast have you found that it is as tough as other clears out there?

@NotSoFast have you found that it is as tough as other clears out there?

I don't have enough experience with "other clears" to make an educated comparison, to be honest. I also didn't beat the parts against a rock. =) But I did flex the crap out of the speed shapes and it didn't crack or peel. I also know a couple of people that have been using it for at least a couple of years without complaint.
  • schidroschidro Posts: 366Member ✭✭✭
    @NotSoFast what part of Louisiana you from? I lived in Franklin and Centerville. Miss those crawfish boils. On the clear I saw where some say the less hardner you add the flatter it is. What ratio does that mix at?
    schidro said:

@NotSoFast what part of Louisiana you from? I lived in Franklin and Centerville. Miss those crawfish boils. On the clear I saw where some say the less hardner you add the flatter it is. What ratio does that mix at?

I am originally from Albany, just west of Hammond. I am in Thibodaux now and our shop is just north of Houma.

The clear mixes 4:1.
  • CoastalHydrographicsCoastalHydrographics Posts: 3,047Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotSoFast said:

A couple of hours later and it got even flatter. The "wet" coat (orange wood) is just as flat as the lighter coat on the gold one.

What wood grain is this?
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it. Great work young man.
    edited January 2016

NotSoFast said:

What wood grain is this?
    I originally got it from Liquid Concepts, but I don't see this exact film on their site anymore. It's a straight grain black and transparent wood grain. I'll have to check the part number when I get to the shop next week. It's also what I used on my Yeti koozie with 1/3 graphite, 2/3 silver paint. Really easy to work with.

Also over just the silver with no graphite mixed in.

edited January 2016
    NotSoFast said:

NotSoFast said:

What wood grain is this?
    I originally got it from Liquid Concepts, but I don't see this exact film on their site anymore. It's a straight grain black and transparent wood grain. I'll have to check the part number when I get to the shop next week. It's also what I used on my Yeti koozie with 1/3 graphite, 2/3 silver paint. Really easy to work with.

That is a nice grain.. Would love to find it. What color base is the that under the rosewood grain?

Sac_Hydro said:

NotSoFast said:

NotSoFast said:

What wood grain is this?

That is a nice grain.. Would love to find it. What color base is the that under the rosewood grain? Also seen in a more natural color on this orange piece.

There is no "Rosewood" grain. The orange looking one with the "Yeti" letters is based with "OMG Orange" from Low Country Hydro Paint.
  • KwikBoyModzKwikBoyModz Posts: 44Member
    Just ordered some based on @NotSoFast 's post, can't wait to try it.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,264Administrator El Jefe
    Sac_Hydro said:

NotSoFast said:

NotSoFast said:

What wood grain is this?

That is a nice grain.. Would love to find it. What color base is the that under the rosewood grain?

@Sac_Hydro Pretty sure Brent at Kansas Hydro has the same pattern...if you are talking about that black straight wood grain...we use that and the black burlwood all the time...Using a Brutal Hydrographics K2 Shelby Silver under it...nails it every time...

@Sac_Hydro Pretty sure Brent at Kansas Hydro has the same pattern...if you are talking about that black straight wood grain...we use that and the black burlwood all the time...Using a Brutal Hydrographics K2 Shelby Silver under it...nails it every time...

Thanks Jim
  • Dinnetta_gobigbrainDinnetta_gobigbrain Posts: 196Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    So, late to the party! (typical!) LOL!

Thanks for the kudos and THANK YOU for posting these pics! Good job on it! And it really is foolproof. Once I said that even my stepson (who is known to be pretty lazy and just not want to do anything) sprayed this perfectly. Someone commented... "So, FLAT means 'F*&$ing Lazy **badword** Tested"?

Which is pretty true! It's the first clear that we let new people shoot. Because it's pretty much foolproof. And it IS durable. We use everything in our shop that we sell, and we believe in everything. Which means we tested everything first for a while - and we have HIGH standards....

It's uber UV protected. Highest that you can get in a clear... Stands up to constant Louisiana Sun!

We do strive to ship the same day, but sometimes things go out the next day. Our team is pretty good! :) We take care of people like we would like to be taken care of. ;)

We did some hard hats and while taking pictures in FULL sunlight mind you, I was making shadow puppets on 'em. Yea, this stuff is FLAT.

• Dinnetta_gobigbrainDinnetta_gobigbrain Posts: 196Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Appreciate you taking the time to post! @NotSoFast
  • RadicalSideHydroRadicalSideHydro Posts: 588Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Your dead flat is definitely awesome stuff.
    Wood grains look great in the Dead Flat clear...

• NaffGuttsNaffGutts Posts: 217Member ✭✭✭
    Just ordered some paisley print, wish i clicked around more to see dead flat. Anyway i can add to current order? If not no worries.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,351Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @NaffGutts you would be better off calling them. I doubt @Dinnetta_gobigbrain will get this in time. Or possibly message Dinnetta on Facebook.