Film Price Per Square Inch Excel Sheet

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,146Administrator El Jefe
OK I broke down film pricing onto a small Excel sheet for you guys...You MUST have Excel or Open Office or another converter to edit the spread sheet...I kept it pretty simple and on 1 page
so you can see what your pricing is per square inch over the most widely available pricing:

Price per linear meter for 50cm wide films
Price per linear meter for 1m wide films
Price per linear foot for 50cm wide films
Price per linear foot for 1m wide films
Price per square meter

All are broken down to the square inch and then below that you have a "Project Dimensions" area to enter the project overall film usage in square inches and it will then tally up the direct cost of the film...below is an example...

It is on one sheet so you can view it on your tablet or mobile phone with ease...

First run so let me know if I need to make any changes...

Also for you Business Ninja's? I am putting together a detailed bidding spread sheet so you can more accurately put together pricing for almost any given project and it will include labor, primers, paints, film, tape, gloves and all that sort of thing...then it will include your projected GP so you can bid accordingly...I'm about half way through it but it's pretty cool...

Comments

• TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jim Can you e-mail it to me? My computer can save it in Drive and open it with Google sheets. But If I try to open it it freaks out my computer. Thanks
  • ShuffleShuffle Posts: 112Member ✭✭
    Awesome! I like spreadsheets as you probably know. Tsunami, time for a new pc maybe.
    Shuffle said:

Awesome! I like spreadsheets as you probably know. Tsunami, time for a new pc maybe.

It's just because i dont use Microsoft programs. It woks just fine in Google sheets.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,146Administrator El Jefe
    @Tsunami so you still need me to mail it to you or do you got it handled?...
  • VeliVeli Posts: 160Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jim
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,257Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Tsunami Dave... Just buy freaking Excel and you'll be fine! Lol! Or is the some moral/political reason for not Microsofting?

@Tsunami Dave... Just buy freaking Excel and you'll be fine! Lol! Or is the some moral/political reason for not Microsofting?

I'm not Microsofting I'm Googleing. Yeah I have my reasons.
    Freaking communist...then download OpenOffice for Petes sales...then you can officially flip them the bird and still use their stuff...
  • DavidPDavidP Posts: 295Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jim.
  • UptonSpoonUptonSpoon Posts: 554Member ✭✭✭
    Nice one Jim.
  • RDSHydroRDSHydro Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭
    Great, thanks for sharing.
  • chaospaintballchaospaintball Posts: 3Member
    Thanks Jim!!!
  • irishcustomirishcustom Posts: 120Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jim. Very helpful
  • JBOutdoorsJBOutdoors Posts: 10Member
    Thanks. I am very interested in the detailed spreadsheet.
  • BotoHydrographicsBotoHydrographics Posts: 127Member ✭✭
    This is great Jim...Thanks
    Can i make a request....can you put an extra column with sq cm or sq metre?

I know i should be able to do it....but math is not really my skill...keep doubting my result!
    Hmmm...let me work on that...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,257Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Multiply by 6.452 to convert from sq in to sq cm.
  • T-BoneT-Bone Posts: 22Member
    Thanks Jim for the spreadsheet. Helps me out a lot!!
  • bdipshydrobdipshydro Posts: 49Member
    Thanks for the Spread Sheet.
  • john31516john31516 Posts: 31Member, Business Ninja
    This is awesome. I've been struggling with pricing also. Thx for this.
  • adonis1adonis1 Posts: 186Member ✭✭✭
    Nice job Jim, thanks brother man
  • mielkewaygraphicsmielkewaygraphics Posts: 182Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    this is great. So.... now how should we break down paint? I'm wondering how many square inches of paint are in a quart of paint? Does that make sense? That would be great to put into this spread sheet.

this is great. So.... now how should we break down paint? I'm wondering how many square inches of paint are in a quart of paint? Does that make sense? That would be great to put into this spread sheet.

You'll have to take your own data on that one. Far too many variables. To get an accurate average you'd have to be painting a lot of parts and tracking material usage. I could tell you how much paint it takes to cover our parts down to the tenth of an ounce, but that's because we paint hundreds of the same parts every week.

You'll have to take your own data on that one. Far too many variables. To get an accurate average you'd have to be painting a lot of parts and tracking material usage. I could tell you how much paint it takes to cover our parts down to the tenth of an ounce, but that's because we paint hundreds of the same parts every week.
    Yeah, I thought it was a long shot. I've just been estimating. Some I win, some I break even. Haven't lost any yet. Thanks for the help tho.

We actually have a bid sheet in the "Business Ninja's" section...but ya gotta be a member...

We actually have a bid sheet in the "Business Ninja's" section...but ya gotta be a member...
    cool, I was just on that thread. Left ya a post on there to try out the trial membership. I been waiting for you guys to get it up and going. Thought I would wait a bit so you could get content on there. Glad it's available now.
  • RRCustomsRRCustoms Posts: 43Member, Business Ninja
    Grate info Jim thank you.
  • Vital_CustomsVital_Customs Posts: 14Member
    This is awesome, maybe one of these days I will become a ninja!!

This is awesome, maybe one of these days I will become a ninja!!

• djpdjp Posts: 28Member
    Thanks, just getting started and trying to figure everything out!