PayPal Here — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PayPal Here

ShuffleShuffle Posts: 112Member ✭✭
This app is what my wife currently uses for her photography business and I will follow suit for my hydrodipping. They send you a free card reader that plugs into the headphone jack on your smartphone. You need to be connected to the internet to use it, wifi or mobile data. It will charge you 2.7% of the transaction for swiping the card. Recently we just started using the invoicing feature which costs 2.9% of transaction + $0.30. While these fees seemed high at first, we have a low amount of swipes per month which made typical merchant services undesirable because of a monthly fee. PayPal has no monthly fee. Also, I have a business debit card (Mastercard) that is attached the account directly. So as soon you get paid, you could turn around and use the card right away with your available funds.
This apps biggest competitor is Square but I already had the PayPal account and the added debit card feature is nice with no turnaround time to use your money.

If anybody has any questions, we are avid users of the app and could probably answer them.

Josh

Comments

• studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,716Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paypal Here works for me too! Love it.
  • ShuffleShuffle Posts: 112Member ✭✭
    I forgot to mention, cash is still king. No fees. But I know a lot of people don't use cash anymore.
  • mxboy77mxboy77 Posts: 26Member, Business Ninja
    I use square card reader similar concept to the paypal, though I can link it to my quickbooks. But just a heads up that I was faced with is as of October 1st if you swipe a card with a chip and there are fraudulant charges you as the merchant are held resposible instead of your customers bank. In order to protect yourself you need to invest in a chip reader...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,702Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    mxboy77 said:

I use square card reader similar concept to the paypal, though I can link it to my quickbooks. But just a heads up that I was faced with is as of October 1st if you swipe a card with a chip and there are fraudulant charges you as the merchant are held resposible instead of your customers bank. In order to protect yourself you need to invest in a chip reader...

Yep... sucks. I am just sticking to cash & money order/cashier's check for now. If demand rises for cards, then I'll go that route. I called 3 merchant services and it was like pulling teeth to get all the fees and charges laid out. And then they wouldn't leave me alone!
    Well, at this point in time it seems the emv chipped cards still come with a magnetic strip on the back and the numbers printed on the front. We haven't ran into any issues as of yet. Can I not still just swipe it? Or for a higher percentage I can enter the numbers in manually.
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,615Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    We use Square
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,264Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use pay pal, hate their fees. They just took $2.56 out of a $60 transaction. Ok, so I'm cheap.LOL
    That's 4.2%.  They shouldn't be charging that much. $60 transaction on a swipe should be $1.62
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe
    I have been using Paypal Here for 2 or 3 years now...solid product...
  • SkinGripz_HGSkinGripz_HG Posts: 382Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    We use Paypal here for gun show sales and sales at the local gun shops/ranges. Paypal has been a benefit and has helped increase show sales. Merchant accounts want too much info, then share with everyone, and then we would get calls, email, junk mail non stop from other credit card companies to canadian pharmacies, to every car dealership in the state...
  • rmcpheermcphee Posts: 41Member
    This is the one that I use... PAYD PRO from Moneris
    Just like the square (I was using Square until I got this), but better because I can accept International Debt.

$20 / Month
    2.65% on CC
    Debit is free
    Go with the PRO version

My advice is to not accept AMEX, they screwed me around for 2 months to get my money, however just like Square, all payments made next day to my bank account.

https://www.getpayd.com/