custom fotos printing — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

custom fotos printing

frikandelfrikandel Posts: 1Member
i am going to start my own business but before that i am looking for some answers.

1 is how to make a tank (very good welder capabilities )
2 is it possible to print your own transfer sheets with for example a picture of my kids
3 what is the best gun what nozzles are used and which brand of gun

many many thanks in advance

ps if my english isnt real good i am trying :)

Comments

• schidroschidro Posts: 346Member ✭✭✭
    Can answer all the above questions with one suggestion. Search search search. There are many posts about such things. Many different opinions as well. As for the tank just a matter of how much you want to spend. A cheap tank ain't good & a good tank ain't cheap. 
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,890Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @frikandel Forum members @UptonSpoon (in the UK) and @FWHydro and may have the answers you need. Search for their posts, they are very enlightening about printing your own film via a desktop printer.
  • AlanAlan Posts: 192Member ✭✭✭
    @studebaker You often see people proudly sporting tattooed images of their children (some good, some others, well...). It got me thinking - surely there is a huge potential market for photographic images of children (wives even?? lol) to be applied to a motorbike petrol tank for example (sorry... gas tank for you guys the other side of the pond ;) )?
    No tattoo artist could hope to come close to replicate the detail that a nice black & white photograph image could capture. I think they'd look fantastic with a deep gloss finish and perhaps blended in with an airbrush.
    Anyone tried this yet?
  • UptonSpoonUptonSpoon Posts: 554Member ✭✭✭
    Alan said:

@studebaker You often see people proudly sporting tattooed images of their children (some good, some others, well...). It got me thinking - surely there is a huge potential market for photographic images of children (wives even?? lol) to be applied to a motorbike petrol tank for example (sorry... gas tank for you guys the other side of the pond ;) )?
    No tattoo artist could hope to come close to replicate the detail that a nice black & white photograph image could capture. I think they'd look fantastic with a deep gloss finish and perhaps blended in with an airbrush.
    Anyone tried this yet?

Hi @Alan It's already being done with requests for photographs of fish and Logos. It's only a matter of time before someone asks for peoples faces BUT as @studebaker and @FWHydro will attest, people have a limit as to what they will pay for custom film and that dictates what gets printed. ie someone wants one A5 print for a face (I have recently done such a mock up for a client) but cost for one is the same as 8, so it turns into a catch 22 as they only are prepared for the one they want.
    Now if 8 clients all order a single at the same time..........:-)

The other end of the scale, which is where @FWHydro is at, and is where your client is after expensive items done with exclusive custom films and have the wherewithal not to be interested in the price but rather that unique piece.
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,275Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome & good luck
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,890Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alan You are right! I've been advocating that for the longest time! @UptonSpoon is right also, but since there is a minimum order of one SqM there is no reason that the children's picture can't be included in that one SqM order of a custom pattern. Some of my customers send several different pictures to be printed on that one SqM of film. I just repeat the prints to fill up the minimum order....

• SkinGripz_HGSkinGripz_HG Posts: 382Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    I get the feeling distortion could be an issue...
  • AlanAlan Posts: 192Member ✭✭✭

A very real possibility, yes. You wouldn't mind tooooo much if you had some distortion on a camo film for example, but on a dearly beloved's face....? :s

• UptonSpoonUptonSpoon Posts: 554Member ✭✭✭

Distortion and consistency .
    But it seems to work on small pieces. look at FWHydros Logo'd speed-shape for example, a lot of font work.

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,012Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    The first woman that lets her husband take a pic of her and put it on his motorcycle tank, and the stretch makes her butt look a little too big is going to end that stream of business VERY quickly...
  • SkinGripz_HGSkinGripz_HG Posts: 382Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Consider if she has a big butt to begin with? The whole tank may be nothing but @ss...
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,944Administrator El Jefe
    And yet another topic down the tubes...lol...
  • HydrographicsNLHydrographicsNL Posts: 85Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Hi frikandel (name looks dutch to me) i can help you out in dutch
    just contact me if you still need answers to your questions
    a bit late (few months has been past) but i have been busy with my own location .. diptank, paintbooth and all that funny stuff you have to do to get away from the miss
  • mountain_mikemountain_mike Posts: 800Member ✭✭✭
    To answer that guys question it is very possible to print images of your children or other photos and standard printer sized film printing kits can be found on ebay. problem is odds are it will not work right you will not receive proper directions and you will have wasted your money.