Aqualac... Not just for dipping — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aqualac... Not just for dipping

MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,819Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
Ordered some new closet doors. Old ones were painted a cream color, and I got to thinking... That's pretty darn close to our Predator Beige Aqualac at work. And that color was already loaded in our pressure pot! So... I took them into the booth and went at it. Sooooo much faster than a roller and brush, and the finish is amazingly smooth. At at my wife's request, I even shot some flat clear over it for durability. She loves it. This is our shoe/coat/vacuum/everything else closet so it takes quite a beating, hence needing new doors. Happy wife, happy life!

Comments

• TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,951Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work young man. But a wood grain vent is what i would spend my energy on.
  • CoastalHydrographicsCoastalHydrographics Posts: 3,046Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great.
  • NolimitsautobodyNolimitsautobody Posts: 67Member ✭✭
    Lookin good man. way to think outside the box..
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,819Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yeah, I'm never brushing/rolling anything again if I can help it. Wish I could bring my pressure pot and compressor home to paint the next room I remodel! LOL
  • JeremyJeremy Posts: 1,089Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm never brushing/rolling anything again if I can help it. Wish I could bring my pressure pot and compressor home to paint the next room I remodel! LOL

That what I plan on doing when I paint a room or what ever im told to LOL
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,750Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I wheel the airless in when I have more than a single wall to do. That makes short work of the job, and usually prevents being asked to do it again...
  • spriggysprayz34spriggysprayz34 Posts: 84Member, Business Ninja
    Sorry for a seemingly most basic question, but how does a pressure pot help compared to no pressure pot? Thanks
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,951Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics did you ever get around to dipping the brass vent?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,819Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Tsunami Nope. It matches all the rest of the vents, so no need :-)

Sorry for a seemingly most basic question, but how does a pressure pot help compared to no pressure pot? Thanks

@spriggysprayz34 for us it saves having to refill a gun multiple times. That's a Huge time savers for us. We shoot over a gallon of paint every day. I just bought another larger pot so now we don't even have to empty it to change colors. One for pink, one for tan. We even have one for adhesion promoter. We only clean the guns occasionally, and that's being generous! They are just flat out work horses. The smaller of them hold about 2 gallons each. You can sit an entire 5 gallon pail inside the larger one. And the pressure feed guns really lay down some paint. All about efficiency.
  • spriggysprayz34spriggysprayz34 Posts: 84Member, Business Ninja
    Thanks for taking the time to explain man, good details, yall got it going on. I'm actually just about to start with HVLP guns lol. Appreciate it 
    @spriggysprayz34 sure! No problem. Glad to help when I can. I recommend the Iwata guns. The Air Gunzas are great for starting. We have 6 different Iwatas now. Lol. I won't go to anything else.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,750Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

Holds more. I have a 10 gallon pot I can spray out of for a LOOOONG time

Holds more. I have a 10 gallon pot I can spray out of for a LOOOONG time
    And it's really shiny... I almost bought it...