Cracking — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cracking

lamb35lamb35 Posts: 1Member
I need some advice we prep everything correctly after I dip after I put my film in spray my activator and dip my product I pull it out everything's cracking up or spotting off what am I doing wrong

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,079Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Pictures would help tremendously. Sounds like under activation. I'll assume you're using a Vortex Dip Kit since that's where you posted. It's common to under activate with Aerosol can activator.
  • SkinGripz_HGSkinGripz_HG Posts: 382Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Cracks are the sure sign of under activating. Been having a go around myself with some new films that just want more activator. My hypothesis is that particularly films with higher levels of ink need more activator than those with transparencies. However, any film can, and has for me, crack if under activated. I keep a few samples of my screw ups and write on the back of them the activator name, gun settings, passes, and slow/med/fast pass to keep a record for the next time I use that film.

Too old to remember everything these days...
  • TheHanzoTheHanzo Posts: 75Member ✭✭

Cracks are the sure sign of under activating. Been having a go around myself with some new films that just want more activator. My hypothesis is that particularly films with higher levels of ink need more activator than those with transparencies. However, any film can, and has for me, crack if under activated. I keep a few samples of my screw ups and write on the back of them the activator name, gun settings, passes, and slow/med/fast pass to keep a record for the next time I use that film.

Great idea
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,012Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @SkinGripz_HG @TheHanzo

http://www.k2forums.com/discussion/5902/spray-gun-set-up-sheet#latest

This piece of paper, or saving this info on your computer is ALOT easier
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,944Administrator El Jefe

This...