Rinse tub pick up — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rinse tub pick up

beven06beven06 Posts: 59Member ✭✭
im wondering if anyone knows of a good way to come up on a shower tub that I could build into a rinse station. I do remodels and am just hoping to rip one out of a house but that doesn't happen very often. I've seen people's DIY tanks made out of these before but if yall have any other suggestions I'm all ears.

Comments

• deceased10deceased10 Posts: 83Member ✭✭
    Have you tried a local craigslist? Junk Yard? Local hardware stores might toss em away damaged ones?
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,882Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    We have something called "Re-store" in Wisconsin. It is a Habitat For Humanity associate. Like a "Goodwill" for construction materials.
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check Home depot and Lowes. They break stuff all the time.
  • Gotcha_coveredGotcha_covered Posts: 471Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    I bought one at home depot shower tub surround that was damaged on the top corners. $25.00 like the ones k2 has
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,305Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016

I got lucky and a local business that makes and supplies ice gave me one of their cooling units they use to store and sell the ice in stores. They had a bunch that were going to be scrapped out, so I turned it into a rinse station and it works great.
  • SmtRedSmtRed Posts: 146Member ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity do you use the same pump for your rinse station that you do for the tank? Is it wired to the same control panel? Or is just a simple switch you have running only to the station with its own pump.
  • PTC_HydroGraphXPTC_HydroGraphX Posts: 1,107Member ✭✭✭✭
    My rinse pump is separate and on a swtich.