Bright Neon Green ???? — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bright Neon Green ????

FWHydroFWHydro Posts: 445Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Water Based Paints
Liquid Print has a real nice Bright Orange Paint. Its pretty much Flourescent Orange.
Everyone says LP paint is AquaLac relabeled. So I called LP and asked if they could do a Bright Green the same Fluorescence as their Orange. They said no, all they can do is mix their green and white. I am not wanting Guacamole. I need a fluorescent green color. Any suggestions.

Comments

• FWHydroFWHydro Posts: 445Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Yea but for $325 per gallon for big brain.
    I was hoping to find something for less than $200.
    The bright Orange at LP is $185 per gallon.

And these prices include shipping
    Never mind. I figured it out.
    I took the Yellow and added 2.5% Green and came up with this.
    Gonna see how it dries but I like it.

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,812Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Nice. Doesn't look bad! I actually just orders some of Big Brain's bright orange to try on a gun stock under Vista. Excited to see it.

On a side note, OHW's Bright Green is a very nice color.

Here's a link to my discussion when I was using it a while back.
    http://k2forums.com/discussion/716/first-ohw-dips-this-forum-is-awesome
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,951Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    We call that Chartreuse. Nice save
  • airtimegrafixairtimegrafix Posts: 2,110Member ✭✭✭✭
    what about house of kolor neons!
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,765Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Post edited by studebaker on
  • RDSHydroRDSHydro Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭
    @FWHydro I use a PPG color called Get Em Green which looks a lot like what you have mixed.
    Never tried HOK Neons. Are they waterbased and available in gallons?
    Krylon Rattle Can.....Ummmmmm.....NO Thanks
    Is PPG's Go Get Em Green waterbased ?
  • airtimegrafixairtimegrafix Posts: 2,110Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    ive used the rattle can neon green for some interior stuff and it works good! but it sprays real blotchy outa the can! so I turn it upside down release all the pressure then pop a hole in the bottom then pour it into a spray gun! as for the hok its not water based! but create auto air has neon colors and there water based!
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,635Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, remember that neon FADES BAD. that's why we will never sell it. It needs to be sprayed in a dark booth and cleared with a lot of very high solid clear. Within 6 months of sun, it will be a very pale lime, as the fluoros have been bleached by the sun. So keep this in mind when purchasing!!!
    @onehitwonder the way I understand it is Flourescent is a pigment decaying and that's why the rapid fading. I am not looking for a Flourescent color, but a bright color that looks Flourescent. Hope I explained that right. The Liquid Print Bright Orange is not Flourescent. But it's the brightest I have seen without going Flourescent. I was needing a green that did the same. The Chartreuse as @Tsunami Called it worked perfect for my needs.

And keep in mind I am only interested in water based Aqualac type paints.
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,635Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotcha
    @MidOhioHydrographics the Vista kinda darkens the bright orange.
    But you should try Brush Country on Bright Orange. I shot a sample and will post a pic tomorrow.
    It really looks good.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,812Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    FWHydro said:

@MidOhioHydrographics the Vista kinda darkens the bright orange.
    But you should try Brush Country on Bright Orange. I shot a sample and will post a pic tomorrow.
    It really looks good.

@FWHydro I'd definitely be interested in seeing that! It's for my employee's deer gun. We are open to any suggestions. Vista was the only real tree type camo I knew of where the base would change easily. I have about 10 different ones in house, so we will do a few speed shapes and see what we come up with.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,750Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @FWHydro you are right, LP is Aqualac relabled. We are obviously a distributer as well for Aqualac, but here is the difference... We spend time in the lab with the guys who make this paint, I have helped the salesman make apple cider on his farm, we are 1/2 an hour away from the plant... Aqualac has a nearly UNLIMITED color pallet! (I am sure there are exceptions... But we haven't found them) we have nearly 50 stock colors in the shop sampling, and have formulas for close to 300. If you need a color, and can absorb some extra cost for a lower volume? We can get you something... I assure you. Heck, I have formulas for 22 different kinds of silver metal flake alone!
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,750Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @MidOhioHydrographics I have a quart of "blaze orange" Aqualac sitting on the shelf right now.

@MidOhioHydrographics I have a quart of "blaze orange" Aqualac sitting on the shelf right now.

Well then! I'd be willing to try that also! Lol
    So is there a link @WileECoyote where I can see all the color choices you offer
    @FWHydro brutalhydrographicsllc.com is our store. We only have the colors up that we are currently carrying stock (over 5 gallons) on the site. Pricing is for the paint we would ship from our stock. We can get smaller quantities and can have "color match" services done, or have almost any color made for a customer. We also offer "proprietary" services, for customers that want their own color. We can make sure those colors will not be sold to others from the factory, and can also make sure the factory wont "color match" them for anyone else.

Check the site out if you like, but most of this information will not be on there. It may be best to speak over the phone. 920-980-6137 Text first if you don't mind.
    A pic of the samples without clearcoat
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,564Administrator El Jefe
    @FWHydro Hey not bad for a Kawi Green... @WileECoyote for future reference the Kawi Green Prime Coatings number is 35GN037....it's the brightest green they have...I could have sworn I shot those order numbers over to Riebe...
  • RDSHydroRDSHydro Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭
    FWHydro said:

Never tried HOK Neons. Are they waterbased and available in gallons?
    Krylon Rattle Can.....Ummmmmm.....NO Thanks
    Is PPG's Go Get Em Green waterbased ?

@FWHydro no sir, not waterborne.

@MidOhioHydrographics
    here is the pic of the samples with LP's Bright Orange before clearcoating.
    L to R is Reaper Hog, Vista, Brush Country, and Skullworks.

@K2Concepts yep we got those numbers, and we discussed it with them and they can supply them all. The problem is that we would be sitting on 5 gallons for a while if someone isn't interested. If we get a commitment of 2-3 gallons we will spring for 5 and carry the rest in stock. When we asked about color pallet samples or cards we got a laugh. They simply said "don't worry about a color, if it exists we can make it". 

@FWHydro that is the orange we have in the shop right now. And they do have some fluorescent additives if you decide you actually want your paint to glow like nuclear waste...
    Thanks @WileECoyote. But having to wear sunglasses to protect my pupils is not in my plan. This is bright as I need.
    @FWHydro I suspected as much, but thought I would let you know.
    That orange looks killer. Damn, I knew I should have checked w you first. But it's ok, I was ordering the Big Brain Dead Flat Clear to test anyway, so I just grabbed some Bright **badword** Orange too. Might try a speed shape tomorrow if I feel frisky.