Aqualac is not....

MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,430Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
Aqualac is NOT for penguins wearing bow ties...

This label is on the 5 gallon pails. It makes me laugh. I guess I'm very simple in my sense of humor.

Comments

• thejoker6995thejoker6995 Posts: 201Member ✭✭
    lol
  • FullImmersionHGFullImmersionHG Posts: 106Member ✭✭
    Drop the do not freeze and you've got the next big thing in bumper stickers.
  • SingleAction52SingleAction52 Posts: 708Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics , I didn't see that label and just finished prepping a penguin for an eagle print. Should I go ahead and try dipping it, paint over it with OHW or strip it and start over?
  • t_ozt_oz Posts: 101Member ✭✭
    No @MidOhioHydrographics , that is funny
  • liquidconceptsliquidconcepts Posts: 102Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    I have forgot now becuase its been so long since I have used that but is Aqualac a DTM? @MidOhioHydrographics
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,374Administrator El Jefe
    Yes...if you give the metal a profile...and make sure you bake it so you don't get any rust...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,430Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @liquidconcepts I Can get you more detailed information, but yes and no. As Jim mentioned, It hooks mechanically amazingly well. You just have to watch for flash rust if it's bare steel. Waterbased paint on metal... That being said, the 35 series can go direct to steel if it dries quickly (baked like Jim says). But... there is another line of Aqualac that has better flash rust inhibitors in them that it's only marginally more $. 38 Series I believe. Prime has some amazing guys (who are much, much smarter than me) who have helped me along the way.

We also get away with more because we wash all our blasted parts in a heated degreaser and that solution has a rust inhibitor built in. All our testing came back with no issues.
  • liquidconceptsliquidconcepts Posts: 102Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @liquidconcepts I Can get you more detailed information, but yes and no. As Jim mentioned, It hooks mechanically amazingly well. You just have to watch for flash rust if it's bare steel. Waterbased paint on metal... That being said, the 35 series can go direct to steel if it dries quickly (baked like Jim says). But... there is another line of Aqualac that has better flash rust inhibitors in them that it's only marginally more $. 38 Series I believe. Prime has some amazing guys (who are much, much smarter than me) who have helped me along the way. We also get away with more because we wash all our blasted parts in a heated degreaser and that solution has a rust inhibitor built in. All our testing came back with no issues.
    Sounds good! Thanks for the info!
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,452Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yep, 38 series is the one with Flash Rust Inhibitors. You can also have Prime mix the FRI into 35 series as 38 series is typically a little thinner, and some people have a hard time adapting to it.