Liquid Print paint — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liquid Print paint

TroubleTrouble Posts: 265Member ✭✭✭
Has anyone used Liquid print paint? I have their Cleaners, Adhesion promoter, 2 K primer and water base paint. I could not find anything in the search bar about their paint and was wanting to make sure I got the procedure down before painting. I am assuming plastics would be prep, and adhesion promoter then base and metals would be prep DTM primer than base. I plan on sticking with OHW for my clear because it works for me. Reason for swap is I really want to try water base. I currently use OHW for most of my dips and Nason if I need a special color.
Thanks

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,812Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    It's Aqualac relabeled. Great paint and all we use. Their adhesion promoter FlexiGrip is good, just a little pricey. Brutal Hydrographics is also selling Aqualac, but not relabeled and they will have Prime Coatings adhesion promoter soon also.
  • ARQHYDROARQHYDRO Posts: 39Member
    What's genera rule on thinning of the Aqualac paint ? 
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,750Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @ARQHYDRO You can thin it a little with water, but it varies by color so there is no formula. And at some point it will be too thin and will not adhere or cure... So it's up to you to test.
    edited January 2017
    @WileECoyote Stright from can it's way to thick to push out of my lph-80 so I just started 4:1 must be to thinthe white looks splotchy i will
    have  to find sweet spot. Is distilled water more favorable over the ababindance of HOK waterbourne reducer i have ? 
    thin*
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,812Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Crank the pressure. I've sprayed it out of a 1.3. A 0.8 is very small for water based, but give it a try. Don't be afraid to get up to even 50lbs. I shoot it at 30-40 out of my 1.5.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,750Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yes, distilled water is best. No reason to get all "French" with it. Just keep it simple.
    Ok I'll try Stright without reducer cranking it to see what works tomorrow, love useing the small gun on all my small
    parts