My rinse station plans. — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My rinse station plans.

trailLifetrailLife Posts: 136Member ✭✭
So im building a bigger better Rinse station. I will be using 2x4, PBR board, PVC pipe, And $2 shower heads. My plan is to build a Basin box about 8'x4' out of 2x4. Line the walls with pbr board. Seal the corners with a rubber leak seal. build A 16-20 shower head "over head" spraying system piped with 1'' pvc.. ill use pvc to build a raised floor structure in the basin to allow water to flow freely off the dipped parts. And will also use PBR board for the walls of the station.. Im open suggestions for modifications to be more efficient. Any help would be great.

What material would you suggest to set on top of my PVC in the basin so my small parts dont fall through and sit in the water on the basin floor?

Thanks and have a great day.
Panda
Trail Life Customs

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,066Administrator El Jefe
    Come on guys...chip in..
  • 1shane1shane Posts: 171Member ✭✭✭
    You should look at some of the other rise stations the guys posted. I have seen some awesome ones that might be easier and less expensive to build. I personally am copying a couple of the guys set ups. Good luck post pics of progress.
  • joey21joey21 Posts: 139Member ✭✭✭
    If you have a local fab shop near by I would check on a piece of Stainless expanded metal. If that is too salty then try a piece of UHMW or Plexiglass and drill alot of hole in it. I used mild steel expanded metal (painted) at first and it worked great.
  • trailLifetrailLife Posts: 136Member ✭✭
    I'm next to an industrial park. lots of fab shops. I'm sure I could find expanded metal at a good price.

thank you.
    edited February 2014
    And now that I think of it. I could tack down a plastic liner on 1/4 plywood to line the basin. it would be way less expensive than PBR board.
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,702Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Hi trailLife I am not knocking your idea it sounds like you have done some thinking on it but you are going to be using it a lot I would get rid of the wood completely I think Jim's @K2 rinse station with the tub shower enclosure would be more long term reliable. If you can find someone that is remodeling there bathroom and would be willing to let you haul it off it wouldn't be hard to modify for your needs. this is what I am going to use I had one given to me but before I could pick it up some kids broke it but have another located
  • HardeightHardeight Posts: 584Member ✭✭✭
    Personally I would scrap the wooden tank.
    Not to say you couldn't get it to work and not leak, but it sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth.
    If you are atrying to be quick and save a few bucks, save yourself some headache too and go with womthing like this:
    tractorsupply.com/en/store/oval-galvanized-stock-tank-2-ft-w-x-4-ft-l-x-2-ft-h-100-gal-capacity
    This will work to sit your parts on:
    http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/Product_637414?kwid=productads-plaid^20516612804-sku^637414-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^12625416164
  • MasterjqxMasterjqx Posts: 990Member ✭✭✭
    milk crates..... set your items on milk crates... thats what i do! :) I SWEAR BY THE MILK CRATE! ^:)^
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,066Administrator El Jefe
    I built a support structure out of PVC and then laid a piece of expanded aluminum over the top of it..works great..
  • liquidvisionsliquidvisions Posts: 137Member ✭✭
    my rinse station is steel. So on all four sides of it i welded some angle iron only about 12 inches each. Then i went to menards and got that coated closet shelving. Cut a piece in half and it sets on the angle iron. Then i also put screen door screen on top. Helps keep tape and other junk out
  • HydroDynamicsAKHydroDynamicsAK Posts: 438Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Go to Lowes and buy yourself one of their rubber floor mats..thats what I use in my rinse tank and it works very well and is very durable and you can combine and cut as needed. There is a support structure underneath it made of PVC.

Thanks everyone. I really apreciate the suggestions
  • Sac_HydroSac_Hydro Posts: 1,050Member ✭✭✭✭
    I modeled mine after Jim's..
    Picked up two shower/tub's off Craigslist free from a remodel..
    Then picked up a free hot tub off of Craigslist, it had two pumps in it. I took both pumps and the control box along with the air switches. Hauled the rest to the dump.
    Hooked up one pump to each, the tub is the reservoir for the recirculating water, mounted the air switches in the side of the tubs..
    Spent a few bucks on plumbing and shower heads, bought expanded aluminum for the floor, made a PVC frame to hold the floor up and wa-la. Low budget awesome working rinse station.
    I am not as fortunate as Jim to have floor drains in my shop, so I made a plexiglass door that slides up and down in one of them to stop the water splash out side the tank. I used aluminum channel for the tracks, attached a couple of cables to the top of the plexiglass ran the cables up through a couple of pulleys to a piece of 3" PVC put a cap on the bottom filled with enough sand to counter weight the plexiglass so the door lifts very easy and will stay in whatever position I put it in..
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,702Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Sac_Hydro said:

I modeled mine after Jim's..
    Picked up two shower/tub's off Craigslist free from a remodel..
    Then picked up a free hot tub off of Craigslist, it had two pumps in it. I took both pumps and the control box along with the air switches. Hauled the rest to the dump.
    Hooked up one pump to each, the tub is the reservoir for the recirculating water, mounted the air switches in the side of the tubs..
    Spent a few bucks on plumbing and shower heads, bought expanded aluminum for the floor, made a PVC frame to hold the floor up and wa-la. Low budget awesome working rinse station.
    I am not as fortunate as Jim to have floor drains in my shop, so I made a plexiglass door that slides up and down in one of them to stop the water splash out side the tank. I used aluminum channel for the tracks, attached a couple of cables to the top of the plexiglass ran the cables up through a couple of pulleys to a piece of 3" PVC put a cap on the bottom filled with enough sand to counter weight the plexiglass so the door lifts very easy and will stay in whatever position I put it in..

Sac hydro could you post a few pic it sound cool
  • Sac_HydroSac_Hydro Posts: 1,050Member ✭✭✭✭
    I will start another thread so I don't hijack this one anymore from Traillife
    Look for "low budget effective rinse station"
    edited February 2014
    Well. I put out an add in a local classifieds. Just worked out a trade a bathtub for a hard hat dip. Now to get a bigger better pump thet will pressurize the nozzles/shower heads and a few hours assembly and the new rinse station will be operational. Instead of expanded aluminum, im esing cut peices from shopping carts about to be thrown away by a local super market. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I figure $100-$120 is all it will cost out of pocket (pump, pvc, nozzles). Pictures will be posted.
    Post edited by trailLife on