greenhouse/paint booth — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

greenhouse/paint booth

swamprabbitswamprabbit Posts: 36Member
has anyone ever used a small greenhouse from harbor freight for a paintbooth before if so how did or does it do for you

Comments

• TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen it done, and worse. As soon as the overspray gets on the side walls and lid it will eventually fall into your project. Short term yeah long term I don't think so. Now if you could put an adhesive wrap around the whole inside and could change it out when needed then that might be worth the price. Good luck
  • JeremyJeremy Posts: 1,101Member ✭✭✭
    This is what im using as a paint booth. Its a garden shed and i have put a beast of a fan in and a filter wall @Tsunami what do you think?

edited April 2015
    Can that thing fly. LOL You had better anchor that down young man. You have seen the Wizard of Oz right? Love the set-up but too many nooks and crannies. I would put some 1/4 inch Masonite on the walls also to make them easy to clean. You want a clean environment for the best jobs. I fight with my crappy set up every day. The more you cut and buff the less you make. Unless they want show finish and then you have already charged them for it. Nice job young man it's better than I have right now. your intake looks real small and unfiltered, does it draw well?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Nice setup! Good ingenuity. Like @Tsunami said, you're intakes are too small. If you can cut some larger holes and filter it, your airflow will increase dramatically. What goes out has to come in from somewhere. And your filter bank behind the spray, what is that material? Grab some bulk filter material and unroll it over the top and it will catch most of your overspray. Just hold it up w/ spring clips or the hook side of adhesive backed velcro. And also +1 on the white masonite. Will improve your lighting tremendously also. Very cool setup!
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,167Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited April 2015
    @Jeremy you COULD go through all the trouble of putting up Masonite, or you could order a gallon or two of peelable booth coat once we get it on the brutalhydrographicsllc.com website and spray it with a coat every few weeks. Each coat will build a layer of gleaming white reflective surface and also seal cracks and small holes.
    Look for the demonstration/product launch video that will be made this weekend.
  • PitbullPitbull Posts: 216Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Wow you definitely need to enlarge your intake that is for sure... But then be careful it doesn't suck you through the fan....lol
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,281Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that why you said in your original post, a green house. I was thinking a glass enclosure with the roof that opens, not a GREEN shed. Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up. LOL Looks great, should work out great. Like Dave said bigger inlet, is there a filter on the exhaust?
  • swamprabbitswamprabbit Posts: 36Member
    no I am talking about a greenhouse with an aluminum frame and polycarbonate sides
  • JeremyJeremy Posts: 1,101Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Thanks guys.
    @WileECoyote would love to but i don't think i could get it into New Zealand LOL (bound to be something like that over here)
    @Tsunami @MidOhioHydrographics @jtaglia @Pitbull Thanks i didn't think about the intakes!!! I will make them larger and put some filters behind them.
    The filter in the picture is proper spray booth paper filters (for smaller booths) you can buy it 900mm wide x 10mtrs long and cut to size.
    jtaglia said:

Is that why you said in your original post, a green house. I was thinking a glass enclosure with the roof that opens, not a GREEN shed. Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up. LOL Looks great, should work out great. Like Dave said bigger inlet, is there a filter on the exhaust?

John, The greenhouse was from @rgantt1 It just so happens @Jeremy paints in a greenhouse. LOL
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,167Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Jeremy we are hoping to get the international shipping figured out this weekend, and the booth coat is water based. We will keep you updated...