Home made dams — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Home made dams

colcol79colcol79 Posts: 9Member
Just watched a great video on YouTube of Jim making home made dams, using what he calls a Rain Diverter. 
Could anyone tell me if there is anything similar to this available in the uk?

Ive looked up rain diverter on the Internet here in uk and can't seen anything like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 



  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    "J" metal will work also. You roofing supplier might have it
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,064Administrator El Jefe
    Good one Dave...
  • colcol79colcol79 Posts: 9Member
    Thanks for your reply guys, I have searched all over and can't find anything like this in the uk, ive looked for "J" metal and I've been on roofing websites here and there doesn't seem to be a product like it over here in the uk. Was hoping someone on the forum from over here in uk could help or give a close alternative. 
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,280Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roof flashing has some interesting angles some times. Worst case cut the pieces you need, drill & rivet them together so they work. They don't have to be beautiful, just functional
  • colcol79colcol79 Posts: 9Member
    Yes looks like that's the way Im gonna need to go, thanks mate. 
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,280Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    NP, are there any Home Depot stores or big box stores like that over there?
  • colcol79colcol79 Posts: 9Member
    No nothing like that, there are some builders stores here in Scotland I'll take a look there. Thanks again for your replies mate. I'm New to all this and any advice is very welcome. Thanks again
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,064Administrator El Jefe
    Do they have any roof flashing there at all?...Maybe even "Z" bar?...
  • colcol79colcol79 Posts: 9Member
    Yeah they have roof flashing here, I'm going to go to a builders shop tomorrow and see if I can get hold of some 
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have even used metal studs. They must have that there. They don't like the activator but if you rinse them after you use them you will be fine
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,157Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Rain diverter commonly known as drip edge. If you dont have a home supply store, take it off your competitions house. 
Sign In or Register to comment.