Convert dip tank to rinse tank — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Convert dip tank to rinse tank

TroubleTrouble Posts: 327Member ✭✭✭
Moving up to a bigger tank and thinking about converting my old 4 ft tank to a heated rinse tank. I was thinking of keeping all the tank functions intact so I have a back up tank if I ever need one, and using my sump pump from my existing rinse tank. Any ideas?

Comments

• jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,280Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great idea, I've thought about doing the same thing myself if I ever move up in the world.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,165Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Trouble not the worst idea I have ever heard, but it is a big rinse tank. If space is no issue then thats not a problem. I am thinking you are going to waste some energy on heating all that water all the time. Maybe put something in there to displace the majority of it?
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 327Member ✭✭✭

@Trouble not the worst idea I have ever heard, but it is a big rinse tank. If space is no issue then thats not a problem. I am thinking you are going to waste some energy on heating all that water all the time. Maybe put something in there to displace the majority of it?

My small Rubbermaid trough rinse tank gets full quick so the 4 ft tank would be nice. I wasn't going to fill it all the way I plan on using my sump pump in my existing tank hooked to some K-ball nozzles. Its hot down here so it doesn't take too long to heat up. Hoping someone ad done it before so I could get some ideas.
    Drop a dirty pump into the tank connect it to some spray heads & recirculate the water. As Jim would say, "easy peasy" or something like that
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,081Administrator El Jefe
    I've seen it done...it works...

I've seen it done...it works...

I wouldn't have said it if it weren't true. LOL

• michael77551michael77551 Posts: 6Member
    Trouble said:
    My small Rubbermaid trough rinse tank gets full quick so the 4 ft tank would be nice. I wasn't going to fill it all the way I plan on using my sump pump in my existing tank hooked to some K-ball nozzles. Its hot down here so it doesn't take too long to heat up. Hoping someone ad done it before so I could get some ideas.
    Do you have a picture of Rubbermaid rinse tank and how you have it set up 'm trying to gather ideas for a small rinse station myself and not really sure where to start 
  • SingleAction52SingleAction52 Posts: 692Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
  • t_ozt_oz Posts: 100Member ✭✭
    @SingleAction52 How big of a pump are you running with 24 heads?
  • SingleAction52SingleAction52 Posts: 692Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @t_oz , I'm using a 1/2 hp sump pump,