Aqualac Paint Release Video

RDLooseRDLoose Posts: 18Member ✭✭

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,259Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited March 2015
    *DING!* awesome video guys. I tested 5 different paints to use in my production and kept coming back to Aqualac. Yes you have to use primer/adhesion promoter but that's the only "negative" I could find. And one thing you didn't mention, No Mixing! Pour whatever is left in your gun right back into the container! Love it. Glad to see you guys are expanding. Can't wait to pick your brains again at the Ohio Remote this year.

Edit: I'll be needing some Metallic silver here soon. Expect an order.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,230Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @MidOhioHydrographics There are a few versions of silver that Prime Coatings offers, the one we have is the best one they offer. For a water based paint, this stuff sparkles like Christmas threw up in the container.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,230Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Just for clarification, Aqualac is not "truly" 0 VOC. You have to have some solvent to liquify the polymer, It is exempt from reporting as it is 1.5-2.0 Lbs/Gal or 180-240 g/l for the rest of the world.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,259Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

@MidOhioHydrographics There are a few versions of silver that Prime Coatings offers, the one we have is the best one they offer. For a water based paint, this stuff sparkles like Christmas threw up in the container.

Awesome. It's hopefully going on my bow under some Kryptek Typhon if it looks the way I hope. Will post some pics on a speed shape after I "dial in" the activation. Can't wait to give it a try. Have a gallon in my cart and checking out now!
  • brutal_1brutal_1 Posts: 386Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I saw the order Joe, thanks. I'll get it out Monday!
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,146Administrator El Jefe
    Nice...Glad someone finally picked up on this paint...
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,711Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    just placed order good luck with the new part of the buisness

Nice...Glad someone finally picked up on this paint...

As Jim knows, it has been a long time in the making.
    Dallen said:

just placed order good luck with the new part of the buisness

Thanks, @Dallen I know you have a few years under your belt with paint so hope you have good luck with it. Make sure to try a quart of the silver, this stuff sparkles like Christmas threw-up in the container. Are you going to make it to Kansas again this year?
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,711Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    planning on it going to bring more jerky if I can get everything done
    edited April 2015
    Can't wait to give this stuff a try. Ordered Friday, received today. Quick shipment and excellent website guys. Very user friendly. Well done. A+

And have to thank Trevor for all the help he's given me the last year. Always a message/email away. Paint Knowledge oozing out of his ears and willing to go the extra mile to help me out with adhesion tests and different coating suggestions.

Any tips for this one @WileECoyote? I've never shot metallic paint. Ok to filter as usual? Going to try and find time to do a couple speed shapes tomorrow.
    Post edited by MidOhioHydrographics on
    Yep, use one filter and let it work its way through. Then paint. That particular metallic is insanely heavy with flake. If you let it sit for a minute it will start to settle. You are going to need to stir (not shake) that jar and always keep it moving. Even while in the cup, if you aren't painting... Swirl the gun.

It is a technique to shoot THAT particular metallic (it is the thickest one out there) not all of them are like this. But when you see it next to ANY other silver out there, including others by Prime Coatings... There is just no comparison at all. By FAR the best silver... in my opinion, luckily I am selling it.

And thanks for the order, and the props. We are always trying to help.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,146Administrator El Jefe
    Just get it on the shaker...about 30 seconds more than most paints...and yes this is the silver that all other silvers should be judged by...

It's the only silver K2 Concepts purchases...and been that way for 9 years...you guys need to get up on this...
    edited April 2015
    Yep. This stuff is beautiful. Here are some speed shapes, one w flat clear (blah) and one w gloss (oh. Yes.). And my brother's phone case (he did the taping and painting) I did this morning w a sample I recieved from @kansashydro. Looks amazing. Pics don't do the paint any justice. This stuff really lights up.

• divinedragon13divinedragon13 Posts: 204Member ✭✭✭
    i like that add to my want list
    @MidOhioHydrographics that is fantastic. We have tried alot of different silvers, we came up with the same opinions. Thanks for posting that.
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 944Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics. Where did you get that film on your brothers cell phone case? Am I understanding you right... From Brent right?

@MidOhioHydrographics. Where did you get that film on your brothers cell phone case? Am I understanding you right... From Brent right?

@Libertyman I thought it was a free sample Brent sent with an order. It also may have come from one of my China-direct orders. Can't remember.
  • RBurressRBurress Posts: 1,553Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

@Libertyman I thought it was a free sample Brent sent with an order. It also may have come from one of my China-direct orders. Can't remember.
    No Evil from @kansashydro
    China.
    Ha......I see what you did there...lol.