So are you guys selling out of your shop?

Sac_HydroSac_Hydro Posts: 1,050Member ✭✭✭✭
Just read a thread by @mielkewaygraphics about group buys..
I did not want to Hijack his thread so I started this one.
He is looking to do group buys with others for products to buy dip and sell..

How many of you offer already dipped ready to sell products in your showroom?
And if you do not mind me asking what are you selling?

Comments

• UndercoverCoatingsUndercoverCoatings Posts: 558Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    I will gladly sell you a speed shape! How much are you willing to pay? :D :D :D
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,374Administrator El Jefe
    I wish I had TIME to sell something out of my shop...the last set of trainees were actually kind of upset that we didn't carry anything to sell...lol..
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,430Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Maybe I'll start dipping and selling empty beer bottles....
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody owns a Ruger 10-22, that would be one item. Hard Hats and Welding masks are a couple others.
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,295Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think that the people who are coming in your shop aren't looking to purchase, they are looking to do custom on something. It may be a good idea to have things completed in your showroom if you have one. It will give people ideas.
    On a serious note, I have about 5 hard hats dipped in different patterns. I did them more for practice initially, but when someone asks "how much?" and pulls out the money....
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,295Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think $50 plus the price of the hard hat.
  • RBurressRBurress Posts: 1,553Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    We are about like all others, usually just some projects we wanted to tackle to try different things on up for display. Capitol goes to equipment and upgrades that will move projects better rather than widgets that we hope will sell, maybe later down the road.
  • Sac_HydroSac_Hydro Posts: 1,050Member ✭✭✭✭
    I used to let people take speed shapes to "show their friend" "Show their wife" "compare it to other parts"  blah blah blah.. Funny how they never seem to make it back as promised.. 
    Started taking a $10 refundable deposit.. STILL don't come back! So was thinking maybe I should dip something a little more expensive and see if peeps wanted to buy.. I have enough work without it but a buck is a buck and after reading the group buy post it made me wonder if others are selling pre-dipped items also..
    Easy $10 if you ask me!
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,037Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sac_Hydro Yep, Ozark Hydrographics is selling pre-dipped speed shapes on ebay... LINK
  • AlanAlan Posts: 193Member ✭✭✭
    @studebaker hmm... interesting. However, once you display those speed shapes, your challenge is going to be securing those exact same film patterns.
  • SkinGripz_HGSkinGripz_HG Posts: 382Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Guess we went about it the opposite way. We have got into hydrographics to expand our own existing product line. If someome wants something dipped, we'll be glad to do it if its in our skill set, but our machine is dedicated to enhance products we already sell and sell well.

Have considered with all the contacts we have in the gun industry of supplying them with our cards and such and doing some custom work for the different gunshops and shooting ranges. Will need to redo my FFL though and try to squeeze in another couple hours into our 28 hour days. Will also need to gain more experience and confidence before we go and screw up someones $1500 AR too. Sucks enough to mess up a dip on our own stuff...
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,037Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sac_Hydro Since everybody has such different tastes, it's hard to stock something that will appeal to the "walk-in" buyer. Although decorated Yeti Cups are selling like hotcakes everywhere, that would be an item to keep in stock, so to speak. As a sales pitch, how about YETI cups dipped with the local sports team logo... :)

"Redneck wine glasses" were a hot selling item recently. Maybe that would be another good "stock" item. I'd keep those in the store window, but list them on eBay, so when one sells, you can make another set real fast.
  • kasdorfkasdorf Posts: 50Member ✭✭
    Maybe I'll start dipping and selling empty beer bottles....
    I dipped some of my neighbors wine bottles just for practice and her daughters went crazy over them and were fighting over who got to pick the one they wanted.
    My neighbor never said they could have them they just helped them selves and said "we are taking these you can get more".
    So they save all there liquor bottles for me now, they are good for practice. 
    I seen a Jack Daniels bottle on on Ebay dipped in oil slick with led lights in it for $40 that was what gave me the idea to dip a bottle.

I've been drinking a little more lately
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,374Administrator El Jefe
    kasdorf said:

I've been drinking a little more lately

This...