Barrel blocking

royaltouchroyaltouch Posts: 14Member
just interested in ideas for blockage of moisture from receiver and barrels on guns silly putty seems to work but the liquid getting under some tape is leaving undesired results. thank to the answers to my last question i posted the project came out perfect with the OHW paint and adjusted activator application

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,259Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Heard of someone that stuffs w plastic bags. I use rubber stoppers from Lowe's w holes drilled in them on each end of a shotgun barrel. Put a bolt/threaded rod through the hole w a nut and washer on each side, and tighten to expand it into the barrel. Works good. They make plugs specifically for other sized barrels also.

Curious as to what others do. Just dip quick and get it oiled back up? I ended up with some rust in the receiver of my shotgun. But it sat for a couple days between dip and clear. I knew it was going to happen :-/
    Post edited by MidOhioHydrographics on
  • royaltouchroyaltouch Posts: 14Member
    thanks mid ohio hydro are you anywhere near the mid ohio race track? i come out for vintage motorcycle days every year. great weekend with old bikes
  • joey21joey21 Posts: 139Member ✭✭✭
    http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/SE-220/cerakote-plug-kit/

Check these out. I just ordered them and hope they work as well as they claim!
  • WatermarkWatermark Posts: 124Member ✭✭
    I use silicon plugs made for the powder coating business.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,259Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

thanks mid ohio hydro are you anywhere near the mid ohio race track? i come out for vintage motorcycle days every year. great weekend with old bikes

Yes, I'm in Mansfield, track is in Lexington. Probably About 1/2hr drive. Look me up next time you're in the area. Always beer in the fridge!
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,286Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being Italian, I have a lot of corks from wine here. I trim them down to fit. Drink another bottle of wine to replace them & dip.