Anyone still using Behr Ultra for water based?

MasterjqxMasterjqx Posts: 990Member ✭✭✭
Just wondering if anyone else is still using the Behr Ultra on some of there dips? i use it on some of my personal items but nothing else, does anyone use this paint on business dips?

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,146Administrator El Jefe
    We still use a fair amount of Behr of the more budget priced production runs...that may change in the future but it still works for us...and you can't beat the color spectrum and the price...I recommend it for all the hobby and enthusiast...once you graduate? You will want to expand your horizons...
  • MasterjqxMasterjqx Posts: 990Member ✭✭✭
    thanks for the tip
    You are most welcome...thank you for the thread...
    lots of people on other forums looked at me like i was crazy when i said i use behr ultra exterior lol
    There are innovators...and the rest of the crowd...free your mind and the rest will follow...
    i know its a good paint to use when your just starting to test the waters, set up guns, ect ect get your mind right with the trade if you will. hope others read this and can see they can use this paint.
  • GSPGSP Posts: 257Member ✭✭✭
    hhhmmmmmm I see a trip to home depot in my near future :-bd
    It's not the ultimate answer but it IS a cheap paint to play around with if you are starting out...
  • GSPGSP Posts: 257Member ✭✭✭

It's not the ultimate answer but it IS a cheap paint to play around with if you are starting out...

I haven't played with water based yet so this might help me learn without wasting a ton of expensive paint, love Jays's stuff but you have to have some waterborne laying around for obvious reasons that need not be stated.. it starts with an E and ends with an A and there's a P in there somewhere lol
    GSP said:

I haven't played with water based yet so this might help me learn without wasting a ton of expensive paint, love Jays's stuff but you have to have some waterborne laying around for obvious reasons that need not be stated.. it starts with an E and ends with an A and there's a P in there somewhere lol
    Post of the day right there...lol...
  • gardnerdddgardnerddd Posts: 220Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭

We still use a fair amount of Behr of the more budget priced production runs...that may change in the future but it still works for us...and you can't beat the color spectrum and the price...I recommend it for all the hobby and enthusiast...once you graduate? You will want to expand your horizons...

What do you use to thin it out to shoot with and how much of the thinning agent do you use?

• onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,718Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    water?
    I'm gonna like my own post that time...lol...
  • ShafferShaffer Posts: 196Member ✭✭✭
    X_X
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,718Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭

Water...It's that thing you brush your teeth with once a week...

Water? No Way!! Wow, learn something new everyday, i was only brushing my teeth once a month... :D But seriously, I should have stated that I know water can be used, but I had the guy at the paint store tell me about a thinner that you could use also and I wanted to know if that's what other people were using. Also, about how much water; like 10%, 25% or to what consistency because I was also told that to much water/thinner would make it lose some of its adhesion property.

Should of clarified, that was a L-) moment….
  • ShafferShaffer Posts: 196Member ✭✭✭
    The thinner does make it lose adhesion. I tested it for a company that wanted to use interior colors to match cabinetry. I was not comfortable with the durability using ratios they provided. With that being said, I had more success with our own numbers, but ultimately, still not what I want to put out there.
    Thanks! I understand.
    Shaffer said:

The thinner does make it lose adhesion. I tested it for a company that wanted to use interior colors to match cabinetry. I was not comfortable with the durability using ratios they provided. With that being said, I had more success with our own numbers, but ultimately, still not what I want to put out there.

Very insightful...good post...this is what we found also...ok but not the ultimate answer...
  • RDSHydroRDSHydro Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭
    Trial and error works best...too many variables since all guns spray differently with a variety of tip sizes...just my two cents.
    i spray with a 1.4 for the water base paints.. works great for me
  • FluidMotionHGFluidMotionHG Posts: 24Member
    what clears can be used on this?
    i use nason automotive
  • blackbeardblackbeard Posts: 169Member ✭✭
    I thought only automotive paint should be used. Is that because it is more durable than interior paints?

Anything automotive grade has always worked for us...haven't had any failures yet...
  • RDSHydroRDSHydro Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭

Anything automotive grade has always worked for us...haven't had any failures yet...
    x2

• tk582tk582 Posts: 30Member
    Would you use flat exterior if your were going to mess around with the water base paints?
    yeah, exterior flat, paint and primer in one, its just a starter paint to get the feel of dipping.
    masterjqx said:

yeah, exterior flat, paint and primer in one, its just a starter paint to get the feel of dipping.

What he said^^^^