Eptex Coatings Tanks

I searched the threads and only found a tiny bit on them. Anyone have any feedback on their tanks? Looking at the 4 footer. They are 2200... I found one not too far from me for 1600. Thoughts? Reviews? Being brand new, I don't wanna dive in too deep, no pun, and get a high $$ tank. On the contrary, I normally believe in buy once, cry once. Not super sure what to do here. I am planning on doing this as a side gig to basically fund other hobbies. Not looking to get rich quick, but I want to do quality work. I will be certainly taking a course. Any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,233Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Have some other guys weigh in on this company, I am not sure, but I think this is renamed Elpaso. I had heard some rumors.
  • RyanHeathRyanHeath Posts: 770Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    E.P Tex they didnt try really hard to hide the name lol If thats the case just type in the former name in the search bar and you should find your answer very easily
  • NE_HydroNE_Hydro Posts: 18Member
    Thanks Ryan...
    Welp, that was easy... any other tank manufacturers? I know PA Hydro is claimed to be the best, but anything decent for around 3k?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,261Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Check out the used equipment section on this forum. Think there are a couple listed on there too!
    I see those and I wish one was close... I am in the tri state area..
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,146Administrator El Jefe
    Yea...that's Ari for ya...had to drop his last company name from the negative fall out no doubt...A tiger doesn't change his stripes...
  • yeti_hydroyeti_hydro Posts: 43Member
    I made a profile just to coment. Eptex sucks. I bought a tank and it has been over 4 months and still have recieved all my films. They told me i never called them about it. First off i called numerous times and they just shrugged it off. They told me their films are on backorder and will let me know when they come in. The activator they sebt me doesnt work. I told him and he said its my paint gun. So i bought activator from dipwizard and it works great. You get what you pay for.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,233Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @yeti_hydro There are alot of stories like this around. The forum sponsors are all stand up companies. They would GLADLY help you out in any way they can. Plenty of help available with the forum, feel free to stay a while.
  • shanesautoshanesauto Posts: 4Member

Have some other guys weigh in on this company, I am not sure, but I think this is renamed Elpaso. I had heard some rumors.

I have had numerous issues with their equipment and have been waiting close to a year for a good gun that will shoot the silver nitrate. They are very slow to respond unless you are buying something from them. I rate them a 2 from a scale of 1 - 10 and ten being the best and 1 being the worst. I thought Spectrachrome was bad but eptex doesn't even come close to meeting anyone's expectations.
  • shanesautoshanesauto Posts: 4Member
    I would stay away from this company as they are a very promising company except they keep selling chinese crap that does not work.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,261Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @shanesauto welcome to the forum! Ary is now representing Eptex on this forum and hopefully he will be along to address any issues you may have had, or are currently having. If you use an "@" symbol in front of someones name (like I did yours at first) it will notify the person that you are referring to them in some way. I will tag Eptex below.

@EptexCoatings
    @shanesauto Just hold tight. I suspect they will contact you shortly.
  • EptexCoatingsEptexCoatings Posts: 43Member ✭✭

I would stay away from this company as they are a very promising company except they keep selling chinese crap that does not work.

Hi Shane, we have sent you half a dozen replacement parts that you had damaged. We are not selling Chinese equipment, as we manufacture these systems in-house. For the spray chrome system that you purchased from us - we have sent you 3 brand new dual head guns at a cost of $600 each, replacement panels for your spray booth, 25ft of hose, 8 pressure tank fittings, and various other components that you asked for...why don't you come down to our facility to get some proper training so that we can show you how to do the process correctly? That is included in the equipment purchase as I have mentioned to you several times already. I want to help you, but you are making it difficult for us to at this point. We ship out these systems every week and have an abundance of clients that have success with the process. Help me help you, that is what we are in business for. If you are having QC issues in your processing, please come for the training course so that we can assess theses issues. Thanks -Ary
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,146Administrator El Jefe
    edited November 2016
    Thank you Ary...removed my comment and I appreciate you trying to take care of this guy... @EptexCoatings

@shanesauto Only 2 comments and both were to bash Eptex? Come on dude....I started this forum in the spirit of freeness of speech but I think you are taking advantage of that...
    I know there are 2 sides to every story, and its easy to side with the "little guy" whenever there is an issue because we can all relate to feeling that frustration. But more and more I am hearing about places bending over backwards for guys that really have no one to blame for the problems they are experiencing but themselves.

I am not saying that anyone is more right in this situation, but based on the information the @EptexCoatings gave us, I would say that the tone of this post has changed dramatically. Its hard to admit sometimes, but we have to realize that we aren't always as smart as we think we are. Instead of beating up a supplier for not responding to our 3 request for replacement parts, maybe its time to change your techniques @shanesauto

This forum gives you a direct line and accountability to the suppliers of the products that you use EVERY DAY. We have resolved issues that guys have legitimately had and couldn't resolve with a YEARS worth of phone calls. That being said, it goes the other way as well. If you are your own worst enemy, you need to be held accountable for that also.

I would like to hear how this pans out, we all can learn a few things I am sure.
  • blazingcoatingsblazingcoatings Posts: 413Member ✭✭✭
    I think any k2 forum sponsers would do anything they could  to help a customer and some. I have come across newer customers that will complain about product issues when the reality is they need proper training. You can lead cattle to water but you can't make them drink.