Paint Booth upstairs in shop. — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paint Booth upstairs in shop.

AWTproAWTpro Posts: 35Member ✭✭
Built this room out of storage space above my auto bays in shop.

Comments

• airtimegrafixairtimegrafix Posts: 2,086Member ✭✭✭✭
    this looks staged?? lol!
  • AWTproAWTpro Posts: 35Member ✭✭
    Pic before we got busy with work of course.
  • airtimegrafixairtimegrafix Posts: 2,086Member ✭✭✭✭
    thats more like it!!
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,951Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more things you have in the booth the more dust can settle and cause problems. If you can get rid of everything especially shelves you will get better results. Just from my own experiences.
    Thanks, had to set up like this for now. going to move all materials in other storage in next room but it's full of crap right now, soon.
  • brendt09brendt09 Posts: 440Member ✭✭✭
    Whats the floor painted with
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,951Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Careful with that Prep All. I have not had very good luck with it.
    Yea that stuff created fish eyes.......what a waste.
    Floor is a 2 part epoxy from Sherwin Williams.  Our window tint bays are painted with it, about 2000sq feet. It's awesome stuff called Aroma Seal. We have 10-20 cars a day on it, in and out. No problem. Pretty pricy 100$ a gallon but it sure does seal the floor good.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,702Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Tsunami said:

And Careful with that Prep All. I have not had very good luck with it.

AWTpro said:

Yea that stuff created fish eyes.......what a waste.

Hmm... That's the stuff JJ recommends to degrease before OHW. I used it for a while without issue. But only before my Aqualac/OHW base. Not between dip & clear.
  • ctrliquidartctrliquidart Posts: 62Member ✭✭
    Just use a tack rag lightly between dips and clears works for me
  • brutal_1brutal_1 Posts: 386Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Ya, never use prep solvents or degreaser or even alcohol on Aqualac after a dip and before clear.......ask me how I know.
  • TheHanzoTheHanzo Posts: 75Member ✭✭
    what if you taped the surface for a double dip?
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,665Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @TheHanzo Are you asking about tape on Aqualac? 
    just in general really
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,665Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    You can tape over paint if you want to mask for a double dip. Use low tack tape so you don't have any adhesive left on the part. If you are taking paint off, you have an adhesion problem. You should always clear between layers, or you can use the PVA from the previous dip to mask if you didn't already rinse it off

You can tape over paint if you want to mask for a double dip. Use low tack tape so you don't have any adhesive left on the part. If you are taking paint off, you have an adhesion problem. You should always clear between layers, or you can use the PVA from the previous dip to mask if you didn't already rinse it off

Thanks bro. Im using the blue tape with no problemo. That is an awesome tip about using excess PVA. Cheers. I got some wipe-all for now but what is the best solvent for a dipped surface?

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,702Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    TheHanzo said:

Thanks bro. Im using the blue tape with no problemo. That is an awesome tip about using excess PVA. Cheers. I got some wipe-all for now but what is the best solvent for a dipped surface?

You wanting to remove the dip? Or just trying to clean it before clear? If it's the latter, don't wipe with anything. Clean your product thoroughly before you start, then don't wipe anything else on it again. Just asking for trouble.