OHW first time dip... Not bad ... Not bad atall !

mielkewaygraphicsmielkewaygraphics Posts: 183Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
Any advice ? I think I might have used to much activator. My gun has a 1.8mm tip and press set at 22 psi. Overall looks really good for my standards. LOL. The dash is textured so it makes my dip look a little better than if it was smooth. I think I can see a couple dots in the film.

Comments

• TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looked good I would just raise my gun and go over a slower pass. Consistency will be your friend. I video tape a lot of my dips just to see what might have went wrong if it doesn't turn out good Its a great way to adjust. You will understand when you get old like me. CRS
  • airtimegrafixairtimegrafix Posts: 2,144Member ✭✭✭✭
    looks like a little flat at the end! was that the prob area?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Nice job! I'm sure a little airbrush touch-up with black would smooth anything right out. But yea, I'm with @airtimegrafix‌. Seemed a little flat at the end. Keep that 45 deg angle. Would have had to put the right end way into the water, raise the left end, and keep feeding. Would be almost impossible to not trap a bit of air around some of the ridges though. Overall, Well done, sir!
  • CoastalHydrographicsCoastalHydrographics Posts: 3,047Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good from here. Nice dip!!
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep it up, and thanks!
  • mielkewaygraphicsmielkewaygraphics Posts: 183Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Man, cant get nothing past you guys.... LOL... Yep, the prob area was near the end where it went in the water flat. Also just noticed my technique on the spray. Thanks Dave. I got to tell ya, I've owned a couple different businesses now, and .....

NO ONE HELPS AS MUCH AS YOU GUYS AT THIS FORUM !

I can't wait to "pay it forward" with good advise when I get good enough.

Thanks guys.

Lata.. I think I'm going to dip the "Money" print on the lawn mower. Maybe then the kid will use it. :)
    @midohiohydrographics I guess I do have one question for ya. What type of paint / ink are you using for touch up. I have a paasche talon air brush.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Using the Wicked airbrush paints you get at Hobby Lobby. They work great. And there is a huge color palette to choose from. Some guys use OHW in whatever color they used for base coat.
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep - we recommend Wicked or Createx - the nice thing is that it's water-based, so if you screw up teh touchup, you can wipe if off and start again, without damaging the film
    Awesome. Thanks.
  • ctrliquidartctrliquidart Posts: 62Member ✭✭
    Looks good from here
  • poolmoneypoolmoney Posts: 1Member
    Looks great,  I'm just starting up and really excited.  My friend and I in Toronto Canada are stocked to learn.  
  • AAHYDROAAHYDRO Posts: 71Member
    Nice job.... as another newbie I have to agree with your statement about the help here on this site. Looks great to me....
  • RRCustomsRRCustoms Posts: 43Member, Business Ninja
    Looked good on the video.