Tsunami Oven for Super Chrome — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tsunami Oven for Super Chrome

TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,951Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
One of the issues with the base coat with Super Chrome was first the mono component primer took 36 hours to dry at room temp. Then they came out with the 2k primer that only took 24 hours to cure. So I made the Tsunami Oven. One sheet of 1 inch foiled Styrofoam 4x8 at box store, Glue gun and glue sticks and auto dRop light for cars.
With florescent light I could only get 82 degrees. With 40W incandescent refrigerator light I'm reaching over 103 degrees. With a 60w refer light I'm reaching 108.7 . The oven size is 18x18x36.This will drop my cure time to two hours with a 75w bulb. If you have a commercial glue gun you will melt through the Styrofoam. Cheap glue gun works best.
I had the material so I built it out of this. You could make it out of anything.

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,672Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Tsunami‌ way to step back from the project and think of a different way. Good job
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,951Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks .My wife has been complaining about my thinking a different way for a long time. LOL
  • RDSHydroRDSHydro Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool improvising.
  • RBurressRBurress Posts: 1,552Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    What else are you speeding up the production on up there Dave? It seems I have seen that setup at a few of our local 420 outfits.
    RBurress said:

What else are you speeding up the production on up there Dave? It seems I have seen that setup at a few of our local 420 outfits.

Just improving on a tried and tested design. I named my Over Big Bamboo.LOL
    I just added a 72 Watt bulb and have 123.3 degrees. Speeds up the curing time for Super Chrome projects. Perfect for plastic parts. Sorry about pic
  • airtimegrafixairtimegrafix Posts: 2,087Member ✭✭✭✭
    could you make a video of how it works! I mean I see how it works just better safe than sorry!! hope my super chrome comes tomorrow!
    edited September 2014
    Send me your address. The video content has been considered out dated since the introduction of the sealer and the 2k for faster drying reasons. Gary and I just finished up the new application guide. I can send you a copy via e-mail
    @airtimegrafix‌ go to tsunami hydrographic coatings on you tube subscribe and look for a video called speed shapes. There is more to the process that was not available when I did this video.