Awesome customer service. — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Awesome customer service.

MarkMMarkM Posts: 48Member
Just wanted to say thank you to Andrew and his team. We had a mix up on a shipment and Andrew was quick to fix and also sent me another bottle of activator! Now that's outstanding service!!! Thanks again! :)

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe
  • LoganLogan Posts: 12Member
    Yes, thumbs up for Andrew @Emeraldcoatings!

I'm just starting up my Hydrographics company in Manitoba (Name to be released when we finally open to the public!) but am originally from a town 30 Min from Emerald in Ontario. I was home for a week on vaction and stopped by the shop about an hour after Andrew's guys had closed up shop. I was driving back to Manitoba the next day (23 hours) and thought I had completely missed my chance to talk business and pick-up supplies. His brother happened to be out back ... He called Andrew and after hearing our story Andrew CAME FROM HIS HOME within 15min just to open up for us, cut/packaged film and threw in some free hydrovator!!

Could not have had things work out any better, I give Emerald Coatings an A+ review.

Logan

p.s. Mark where are you operating out of? Canada's pretty big I hope were not competing! :wink:

• MarkMMarkM Posts: 48Member
    Lot's of room for everyone! I am in Ottawa and just getting my feet wet. Trying to be consistent and learning as much as I can.
  • LoganLogan Posts: 12Member
    I think I'm at a level very similar to yours, you said it - consistency is exactly what I am working towards. I'm also in the process of moving to a more suitable location than the basement. I have an offer in for a building with 1200ft of commercial space which should do for now, and if that doesn't go through I'm looking to convert a double garage into a workshop.

I'm just worried about the drainage, heating and electrical if I endup in a detached garage! Although I think the garage doors would be an asset rather than a widened man-door in the commercial space.

Any thoughts?
  • MarkMMarkM Posts: 48Member
    To me my main concern would be keeping costs low. You don't want your expenses eating up your cash flow especially starting out where costs can be higher with the learning curve and material / waste.

I have thought about my business model and have decided I want to come across as a small business turning out excellent workmanship by word of mouth. And then grow from there. That way I can minimize expenses rather than trying to come across as a big business and then putting undue pressure on myself.

That's my .02
  • NickelCityHydroNickelCityHydro Posts: 620Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat guys, converted my 3 bay garage into a hydrographic shop, the big thing is keeping costs down, like heat and hydro and keeping funds for supplies.
  • speers427speers427 Posts: 8Member
    logan, did you buy hydro gfx, the guy on McPhilips...I talked to him a while ago, im in Ontario, but lived in WPG for over ten years, im new to this also..lol