Recommended Air Lines

2»

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,261Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yep @Tsunami‌ you're not the only one who feels that way. Thanks for venting. Made for a good read. Remind me to buy you a beer next time I see you.
  • RBurressRBurress Posts: 1,553Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I don't like @tsunami anymore. I love him. Let it out brother.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,233Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Our shop installed copper 35 years ago and the air is IMMACULATE, and no leaks. We installed Transair ten years ago in another building and it is performing just as perfectly. Only problem is it requires a bit more support, the plastic fittings like to flex so strap it good.
  • wicked_dipzwicked_dipz Posts: 564Member ✭✭✭
    recently did the rapid air easy to add more outlets if you want later on and best of all if you relocate easy to pull down and take with you.
  • brendt09brendt09 Posts: 440Member ✭✭✭
    I picked up this kit from lowes has a bunch of different connections might be hard to see in pic small blue line with drop downs for where my tank will be for activator gun a drop down for blast cabinet and runs into my paint booth just installed this today and seems to be working out good just need to add filters and air dryers and will be set nice to see shop coming together ready to start making money instead of spending
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    brendt09 said:

I picked up this kit from lowes has a bunch of different connections might be hard to see in pic small blue line with drop downs for where my tank will be for activator gun a drop down for blast cabinet and runs into my paint booth just installed this today and seems to be working out good just need to add filters and air dryers and will be set nice to see shop coming together ready to start making money instead of spending

You might have choked off large compressor with small hose. let us know it it keeps up.
    Hose is rated at 150 psi max I regulated it down to 120 psi at the tank so hopefully it works out well so fare seems like a good set up and easy to add to if needed
    I ran my blast cabinet with it and seems to be running good
  • HardeightHardeight Posts: 584Member ✭✭✭
    It's not the pressure you're worried about. It's the cfm. That small line is choking your supply.
    So how do u know if it actually is or isn't
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use any pneumatic tools, which use a lot of cfm you might notice a problem with it keeping up. I use 1 inch pipe until my drop downs. Then I only drop down to a min. 1/2 inch. And if you run a pneumatic and a spray gun you will notice a fluctuation in the pressure to the spray gun. Let us know, I could be wrong.
  • RBurressRBurress Posts: 1,553Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Like trying to drink a milkshake through a stir stick.
2»