Krylon paints

blackbeardblackbeard Posts: 169Member ✭✭
Has anyone had any issues using Krylon? Based on the cure time I am going to guess the dip window is very very limited on it.

Hydrographic elders unleash the knowledge lol

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,342Administrator El Jefe
    Rule #1. If you want consistent results? Never ever use paint out of a rattle can! The exception to the rule is OHW...besides that? You are introducing a variable that you could easily live without...trust me I have tried when I was new too...
  • GSPGSP Posts: 257Member ✭✭✭
    definitely not what you want to start the dip process off with. your base coat is the foundation you build off of
  • blackbeardblackbeard Posts: 169Member ✭✭
    Thanks and that is what I need to hear. I will contact one of auto body supply places where I am to see if they have tan primer/base.

It is slim pickings where I am at, the auto shops are not even open on the weekends. I will place an order with OHW as well in hopes it will arrive before I leave.
  • GSPGSP Posts: 257Member ✭✭✭
    OHW +1
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheers
  • blackbeardblackbeard Posts: 169Member ✭✭
    Done and done.
  • RDSHydroRDSHydro Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014

Thanks and that is what I need to hear. I will contact one of auto body supply places where I am to see if they have tan primer/base.

It is slim pickings where I am at, the auto shops are not even open on the weekends. I will place an order with OHW as well in hopes it will arrive before I leave.

Check your auto stores. Some mix Paint in any color you need.

• kansashydrokansashydro Posts: 848Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy is in nova scotia! It has to be hard to find things you need. But if you can you will be unstoppable blackbeard!
  • jonajona Posts: 89Member
    What about sem paint? I have some laying around. Are those ok to use as base.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,342Administrator El Jefe

Rule #1. If you want consistent results? Never ever use paint out of a rattle can! The exception to the rule is OHW...besides that? You are introducing a variable that you could easily live without...trust me I have tried when I was new too...

• fastfreddyfastfreddy Posts: 1Member
    I have used krylon just messing around with stuff and low-med ink films seem to do ok but always going to get a better finish with a better base. These 1/10 buggy wings are krylon base

• rmccalliermccallie Posts: 1Member
    Hit or miss with rattle can stuff from my minimal experience on tumblers. OHW rattle  can works great however. Others require a blasted rougher surface or they tend to peel. OHW bites hard even to a scotch bright surface.