Dose cheap film make a difference — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dose cheap film make a difference

tstaffordtstafford Posts: 1Member
I just got into hydrographics and I seem to get a lot of voids or little air clusters, so my question is are cheaper films more likely to do stuff like that or is it just me. Thanks Tim

Comments

• GCIGCI Posts: 1,320Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    You answered you own question. Cheap is not always better and you get what you pay for.
  • RBurressRBurress Posts: 1,553Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    yep, +1
  • RDSHydroRDSHydro Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ditto. But keep in mind many of your voids and air bubbles will be corrected as you learn how to dip. Recommend talking to Jim about some training when you can. Don't give up!
  • SchumakerSchumaker Posts: 1Member
    I hope someone has some more ideas, pretty new to dipping but have a nice set up with a 4x8 heated tank. I am using hydrovator activator, and tried many different approaches from water temperature, more or less activator, straight in, angled in, roll, slow and quicker passes but I am still getting air bubble pops after rinsing the activator off. any suggestions PLEASE?? 
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Schumaker are you using Aerosol base?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,941Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Schumaker Need more info. And pictures are always best!!!
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,763Administrator El Jefe
    Schumaker said:

I hope someone has some more ideas, pretty new to dipping but have a nice set up with a 4x8 heated tank. I am using hydrovator activator, and tried many different approaches from water temperature, more or less activator, straight in, angled in, roll, slow and quicker passes but I am still getting air bubble pops after rinsing the activator off. any suggestions PLEASE?? 

Need pictures but it sounds like under activation to me...you don't need more ideas to confuse you...better start working on your technique my friend...
  • RyanHeathRyanHeath Posts: 770Member ✭✭✭
    GCI said:

You answered you own question. Cheap is not always better and you get what you pay for.

thats not the case with everything. I paid 2.30 to 3.00 per meter for almost my whole inventory and ive never had trouble that wasnt my fault from any of them. I had some true timber i got from lc training almost 2 years ago and i hated how thick it was. Theres only 1 pattern that i hated from my cheap stuff and that was the china version of hades. i just didnt like the design as much as i though i would.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,763Administrator El Jefe
    Yes, but some films are just plain garbage...good thing you haven't experienced it...but we have...on many occasions...not always related to the price either...there are some high priced moofers out there rolling off garbage...ask me how I know?...grrrr...