Drying/curing room advice — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drying/curing room advice

MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,703Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
Hey guys! Need a little help w a DIY project. The humidity in my building is killing me. My Aqualac (water based) paint is just taking forever to dry. Eventually we will air condition the building to help w the humidity but we also want to make a drying/curing room to speed up the production work. Thinking about using a couple exhaust fans for air movement w/ intake filters to keep the dust down. Any recommendations on infrared lights vs UV curing? Really new to this so any help/advice is appreciated.

Comments

• CoastalHydrographicsCoastalHydrographics Posts: 3,047Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tractor supply has some decent exhaust fans for a decent price. These lamps here work great. I have one i use on cci & u.s.paints take minutes to cure.They sale for $170 you can move it vertical or horizontal
  • RDSHydroRDSHydro Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭
    blaster said:

Tractor supply has some decent exhaust fans for a decent price. These lamps here work great. I have one i use on cci & u.s.paints take minutes to cure.They sale for $170 you can move it vertical or horizontal

I concur.

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,703Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Awesome. Going to try I find those fixtures without the stand and just mount them around the walls. I have also heard of a UV light curing conveyor that are used in high production settings. Anyone know the benefits of each?
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,264Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    RDSHydro said:

blaster said:

I concur.

Would you have a website for tractor supply? I've looked & no luck. Thanks in advance

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,703Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,951Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Joe. Lamps are all we use. Infrared and heat. But you need to move the air also.
    edited December 2014
    Have had a couple companies quote it. The IR Tunnel will need to be large enough to cure racks like this pic w the parts mounted on each side. Clear a rack, wheel it into the IR, and start clearing the next rack. As it Turns out, this schtuff gets quite expensive pretty quick. First quote was over $60k.... That's not a typo. Still waiting on the second quote.
  • wicked_dipzwicked_dipz Posts: 564Member ✭✭✭
    60k seems insane to me

60k seems insane to me

It did to me too... I'm pretty sure I laughed out loud when he said the price. And That's why we are getting other quotes! Haha. The second company is quoting the lamp fixtures alone with no control box or supports, which we can build easily. I have also found a couple places on eBay to buy the lamp fixtures individually and in sets of 8. Might be just ordering those.
  • wicked_dipzwicked_dipz Posts: 564Member ✭✭✭
    Yea if that picture is what you need to dry you could buy a multi head lamp for a few thousand a really nice one and it would more then take care of that for you