It's All in the Name — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's All in the Name

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,950Administrator El Jefe
Naming your business is much like naming your child. There should be as much thought put into the moniker that you'll eventually register and forever be known as, as you would your precious offspring. This is a commitment--make it count. Start by making a list, and remember that while being unique in business is great, your name shouldn't be complicated, already trademarked, or easily confused with another company.

Comments

• jherlihyjherlihy Posts: 11Member
    It's kind of like a tattoo - always better if it's got some value or significance to you. You'll be stuck with it for a while... Unless you want to confuse your customers and change it.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,950Administrator El Jefe
    Good analogy...
  • MasterjqxMasterjqx Posts: 990Member ✭✭✭
    Great Post Jim, Its also good to use words not in a normal business. Like Jim, I also have Concepts in my business name. I feel the word Concepts brings in the audience of Custom work, 1 of a kind, dare to be different kind of feel..

JQXConcepts
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsunami Hydrographic Coatings That would cost a fortune to tatoo. lol
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭✭
    I named it after to me since I love me.
    Your MOM loved me...lol...
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, probably.
  • JeremyJeremy Posts: 1,089Member ✭✭✭
    had to post these but nowhere else to post them....Jim you want me to get you a back pack??? LOL
    Jeremy said:

had to post these but nowhere else to post them....Jim you want me to get you a back pack??? LOL

I want this...
  • HalfDippedHalfDipped Posts: 53Member
    edited May 2014
    We made a list of five names and sent out a poll on face book. Half Dipped was the winner. And it was the first name that was suggest by my mother. She blurted it out in a joking manner lol.
  • HalfDippedHalfDipped Posts: 53Member
    not to sure where to post this but enjoy..

Sharpie drawing done by a friend of mine

Jeremy said:

I want this...
    i have one of these... ill send it your way for a exchange of some forum shirts! dead serious....
  • JeremyJeremy Posts: 1,089Member ✭✭✭
    Masterjqx said:

Jeremy said:

I want this...
    i have one of these... ill send it your way for a exchange of some forum shirts! dead serious....
    make sure u sew a moustache onto it!!! LOL

Masterjqx said:

Jeremy said:

I want this...
    It's got to have the moustache...
    I know how to paint and dip, but i dont know how to sew... ill give it a show tho! :D