Correct A Crisis

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,146Administrator El Jefe
Whatever you do, resist the urge to act like an ostrich during a crisis. Putting your head in the sand when a customer is unhappy won't stop them from telling others about their bad experience. Before this wreaks havoc on your business, resolve the problem by doing your homework. Go the extra mile to figure out why your client is frustrated and go the distance to make things right. And don't get your feathers ruffled even if you have to spend some cash to correct the issue - it'll be worth it in the end to restore your customer's peace of mind and make them happy as a lark.

Comments

• KarlKarl Posts: 81Member
    Very True,
    The World goes around & around....
  • BenSBenS Posts: 98Member
    should we ask "you how you know" J/K
    Great advice
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,146Administrator El Jefe
    Yea huh?...lol...
  • wolfecreekwolfecreek Posts: 76Member
    Face it a customer can go anywhere but customer service is what keeps them coming back.
  • RBurressRBurress Posts: 1,553Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    People do business with people because they want to, not because they have to. We can always find others doing the same thing or selling the same product, it's the personal connection that makes a difference.
  • kansashydrokansashydro Posts: 844Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen Rusty!
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,711Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    well said Rusty
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭✭
    Until you meet one of those guys that doesnt know what they want, demands 200 parts returned in a week in the middle of a blizzard, and then starts telling folks how you ripped him off and cant dip for **badword**. Sometimes, you should also take what you hear with a grain of salt. Look out for the vultures that want 500 things done in whatever pattern and then doesnt want to pay but sells the work you did anyways... From personal experience of course. Some of your customers will not be pleased no matter what.
  • jherlihyjherlihy Posts: 11Member
    I couldn't agree more. Nothing says more about a business than the way they handle a negative situation.
  • slick_hydroslick_hydro Posts: 39Member
    One unhappy customer can do more damage to you name than a 100 good customers does, doing good and promoting your name
  • michaelmichael Posts: 75Member ✭✭
    Good advice, but how bout the guy that just can't be satisfied, nothing is right? How do you deal with this guy without tearing his head off and then burying him out back
    edited May 2014
    I told him to f**k himself. I'm now a bad dipper... so be it.
    Post edited by K2Concepts on
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,146Administrator El Jefe
    Smitty...come on brother...we do have a foul language option in the software...you really going to make me use it?...

Let's keep a civil tongue in our heads...
    Fine....
  • Reaper06Reaper06 Posts: 121Member ✭✭
    If their expectations are unrealistic compared to what can be done whether it be a type of pattern, or the part just has too many tight spots to carry the film without tearing, or an impossible time frame. Don't sacrifice your professionalism or your time and simply say no. You are the professional in your field, if they knew what you knew they would be doing it themselves.
  • RBurressRBurress Posts: 1,553Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Reaper06 said:

If their expectations are unrealistic compared to what can be done whether it be a type of pattern, or the part just has too many tight spots to carry the film without tearing, or an impossible time frame. Don't sacrifice your professionalism or your time and simply say no. You are the professional in your field, if they knew what you knew they would be doing it themselves.

A young guy dropped off some tools this weekend to do. Of all things they are a hammer and fencing pliers and stretcher. Really? "Just do something cool, I know they won't last" Really? Perfect example of just telling them no, but I didn't and feel like it is time wasted. Lets just call it a field test on materials.