Circ pump

CoquitlamCoquitlam Posts: 111Member
I am building a small tank from a freezer, the dipping area is 2'x4' . What size circulation pump should I use.

Thank you

Comments

• HalfDippedHalfDipped Posts: 53Member
    1/2 hp submersible should work. Might be slightly over kill.

Happy Dipping
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,291Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use a 1 HP, I just put one in my DIY tank same size as yours, tried it with a 5 gallon pale befor filling it again. I think it can shoot 100 feet. I'll be buying a smaller one, & keeping this one to drain the pool.
  • brutal_1brutal_1 Posts: 386Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    All you need to do is move the top of the water. Start small.
  • DavidPDavidP Posts: 297Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Need to find out the gallons per minute needed to run your system not the amount of power to move the water. Most pumps are based on the term head pressure this is was determines the HP of the motor toy could use a sump pump try a 1/3 hp zoeller pump it moves 27 gallons per minute at 8 feet of head you can always add a throttle valve to decrease the gallons per minute. Just a thought.
  • moetanmoetan Posts: 63Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm using a 3/4 hp clear water pump from Harbor Frieght. 
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Get some rain gear. LOL You might do a small test on a large water pump for your tile saw. That will give you an idea of how much more you will need. I have three, you need one. LOL
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,403Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    MOST water pumps you will run into will be centrifical with an impeller, THOSE can be throttled with a valve. Positive displacement and you just shot your pump. Just be careful and do your research.
  • brutal_1brutal_1 Posts: 386Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

MOST water pumps you will run into will be centrifical with an impeller, THOSE can be throttled with a valve. Positive displacement and you just shot your pump. Just be careful and do your research.

Ya.
  • jcannjcann Posts: 61Member
    Im using 1hp from hf in both my dip tank and rinse tank