First time dip

KingGh0stKingGh0st Posts: 3Member
Hey guys just started reading over this forum. I only did this for fun but I extremely enjoyed the process. I'm barely a hobbyist honestly and this was done from mostly from YouTube videos and in a plastic tote.

I did buy white base coat and clear in aerosol from OHW and got the film and hydrovator activator from southern hydrographics on Amazon. I think the controller turned out ok and I know why I messed up the foregrip but its mine so no worries there.

Comments

• DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,858Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Not bad for your first dip. Seen alot worse
  • KingGh0stKingGh0st Posts: 3Member
    Thanks I can't wait to get some more film and get back in the water 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,899Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Welcome! Yeah there are some issues but for your first time and just using a kit? Well done! Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Check out this post about how to diagnose what’s going on when your dip doesn’t come out as planned:
    http://k2forums.com/discussion/10060/troubleshooting-your-first-few-dips
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 2,086Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howdy and welcome
  • NickelCityHydroNickelCityHydro Posts: 706Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum!
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,752Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forum
  • KingGh0stKingGh0st Posts: 3Member
    I think I already realized what most of my problems were. I know I messed the foregrip up real bad trying to make do with the little bit of film I had left. It is definitely difficult working with a kit and having a piece of film thats smaller than my container. That was my issue on the controller its was expanding and stretching out like crazy when i sprayed the activator on it. But like I said even messing around with a tote instead of a tank and everything aerosol I can't wait to get some more film and dip everything in sight lol
  • ReiberReiber Posts: 15Member
    Looks cool. As a gamer tho I'd recommend not painting buttons/triggers, especially thumb sticks. Doesn't last
  • ReiberReiber Posts: 15Member
    Here's some I did for me and my brother. Sorry for the bad pics btw

• AmberAmber Posts: 21Member
    that looks so cool! im new to hydro dipping too and i just dipped my pistol. its such a fun thing to do :)
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,770Administrator El Jefe
    Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum...