@WileECoyote apologies first using a forum also 😂. So yeah using a 1.5tip in the activator gun at 14psi did 4 dips on un painted speed shapes and they came out pretty good. Did the same process for a part that I painted and the film washed off 🤬🤬I don’t have a pic of the part as I’ve started again but here’s the shapes. Any advice appreciated Yeah 

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,846Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Looks like your pattern broke out. I think technique would help those bare spots. I doubt your problem was overactivation since we rarely see that. try your parts again, and post pics.
  • DansuperkartDansuperkart Posts: 6Member
    Thanks. Anything bigger than a speed shape and it goes wrong 😡 but I guess that’s lack of experience. You need a will of steel in this game. Why does nobody tell you that part 😂😂
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,846Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Looks like underactivation. And a finger hazard with that double edged razor blade... they make REAL nice single edged for this sort of work.
    Really!! Right I’m going to crack this. Time to stop have a few beers and start again tomorrow 
    How often do you guys change your tank water? 
    Simple consensus is when it starts to smell, but there are many discussions on this topic if you use the search bar.
    Yeah no worries 
    so as far as the tip size and psi on the gun that’s ok is it 
    Tip size and pressure don't matter as much as completely breaking up the stream of the gun, and knowing how to read your film and pattern of your gun. And that only comes with experience.