Air compressor 8 gallon

codynascodynas Posts: 5Member
Hello just a quick question and have been floating around reading for months but could not find a specific answer to the compressor I have. It's an 8gallon central pneumatic oilless compressor w the following specs:

Model #94355 SPECIFICATIONS 120 V / 60 Hz / 13 Amp / 2 HP Rated, 3 HP PeakPower Cord Type: 16 Gauge x 3 C x 6' LongPower SwitchPressure On: 85 PSI / Pressure Off: 125 PSI 6.0 CFM @ 40 PSI / 4 CFM @ 90 PSI 8 Gallons1/4" – 18 NPT0 ~ 230 PSI in 20 PSI Increments / 0 ~ 16 KG/CM² in 2 BAR Increment

Wondering if this will work decently with a decent activator gun to accomplish very small parts and tiny projects only use very little activator in a day. Only do really small stuff nothing bigger than a linear foot.

Really appreciate the help.

Cody

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,846Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    You need to know what cfm the gun draws. If its over 4 cfm at 90psi... Then nope, it won't work
  • codynascodynas Posts: 5Member
    edited April 6
    Hey wilECoyote! it draws 4CFM @ 90PSI exactly. just want to upgrade to something past aerosols. again i do very small things and don't have much aspiration to do big stuff like all you pros! its kind of therapeutic and mesmerizing to jam out and do this in the middle of the night when noone is bothering me! just have very slight imperfections and very light speckling from believe to be over-activating and just in general not a fine enough mist. All my paper is from a reputable source that was located from this site.

Also want to thank @studebaker must have read his stuff more than anyone's very knowledgeable as are all of you. your help is greatly appreciated. Wanted to get a nice gun for now, just taking small steps no rush here doing small stuff for fun mainly. had some drumsticks turn out pretty wicked last night =). porous surfaces like wood seem to take the paint well while non porous such as glass and metal do not as well. currently using a specifically formualted hydrographic pre-made base coat from aerosol. planning to use a scotch brite pad or sandpaper and if that doesnt work well then self-etching primer over the top (item being dipped has been properly cleaned but would clean again after brite pad).
    Post edited by codynas on
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,216Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the acknowledgment, Cody. It does my ego good... How small are your parts? Game Controllers? It's ok to mention what you are dipping. Is drumsticks your only object, or was that just a test object you had lying around?

Take pictures of everything you do when you are starting up, it will remind you of what worked and what failed.

edited April 6
    @studebaker lol about ego and the controllers look cool :) , will get some uploads onto the computer after the next round of items currently doing. Have been practicing on light switch plates, tincture bottles, and drumsticks (just different surfaces) primarily and want to get a some more metal lawn ornaments to cover those 4 surfaces, glass metal plastic and wood. main hiccup at the moment is figuring if the air compressor listed is sufficient for these small parts for now as its the one currently own. Only do a couple items at a time and use very little activator when using. game controllers would be cool someday. want to get a small wide format pigment printer to allow all my artist friend art to be printable as long as they can upload in the proper resolution and DPI (also a photographer and graphic designer) but that again is in the future and no rush as i want to perfect it before even going into printing small films because of variety and quality of film producers. just enjoying the process currently but would like to iron out the activator currently by finding out if the compressor and its specs listed in the OP would be sufficient for a little while again while just slowly progressing as i'm ready to spend a few hundred to get the proper gun. cheers thank you have a great saturday =)
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,846Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    That gun/compressor combination should work for you. Just don't plan to spray too large of an object with it. Running nonstop for 30 minutes is no good for the compressor either. Just activating some film should be fine.
    edited April 6

That gun/compressor combination should work for you. Just don't plan to spray too large of an object with it. Running nonstop for 30 minutes is no good for the compressor either. Just activating some film should be fine.

perfect just want to get a quality gun. cheers. yeah just small activation no more than a a piece of regular computer paper.

Post edited by codynas on

just figuring out how to upload here. just some progress