Cost of running and cold water dips

paj123paj123 Posts: 14Member
Just got a 6kw tank, and im worried about the damage to the bills does anyone know the average cost of running them per month? And also has anyone got any opinions on dipping in cold water?
Thanks in advance 

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,722Administrator El Jefe
    There is going to be a cost to run this business or hobby...whatever you decide it to be...regardless of what it is? It is what it is...no one and I repeat NO ONE does this consistently using cold water...just way too many variables my friend...if you can't afford to run the heaters in the tank? You better get out now because it just gets worse from here out...
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,355Member, Moderator El Moderator
    What he said. ^^^

The electric bill for running the tank is gonna be the cheapest thing about this business. It's sad, but it's true.

Insulate your tank and keep it covered when you are not dipping. Are you dipping every day? If not, only run the heater immediately before dipping.

Your bill will depend on how often you are running it. If you only dip on the weekends, then it won't be too bad after insulated, especially if it's in a heated shop.

• paj123paj123 Posts: 14Member
    I understand theres a cost, and im happy paying it. I have invested alot of money which i am happy to do i was just wondering if there is a way of keepimg costs down
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,722Administrator El Jefe
    Nope...ya gotta pay to play...gonna cost you more to play in the winter...usually when the business drops a little...so it's a double whammy...like @smedlin 's mom...
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 2,060Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody on fire today....
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,837Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way is to use a paint with long enough dip window so you can paint parts throughout the week then turn heater on the day your gonna dip. And get some good foam insulation around the tank
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,846Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    6 kw tank running for 1 hour. Between $.07 and $.11 per kwh (depending on where you are) might get you all the way up to almost a dollar an hour... If I understand the billing correctly.