NASON Paint

hdtech10hdtech10 Posts: 5Member
Has anyone applied this name brand paint on there part before you dipped the part? and if you have can you tell me if it works with the dipping process, Thanks for all the info you could give me

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,821Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    We have used it a bit. It works.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,841Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it will work just make sure u dip it in the window. 
  • hdtech10hdtech10 Posts: 5Member
    what is the dip window for that paint?
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 2,060Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used it a few times for special color matching things...

When i do use it, I put a layer of inter-coat over it. Solves the dip window thingy.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,841Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive dipped within 12 hrs.  Thats the longest ive went so not sure how far I could stretch it
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,846Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    All that information is available on your Technical Data Sheets that you should ALWAYS download with whatever paint you are using. It is usually referred to as the "recoatability time". Or you can talk directly to your Nason representative.
  • hdtech10hdtech10 Posts: 5Member
    thanks for the information
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 390Member ✭✭✭
    Nason works fine we use it every day. I mix with reducer only, I don't add the hardner. We have used it for over 4 years with zero issues. I have went as long as a week before dipping. I have dipped as soon as 30 min. This is what Liquid concepts was teaching when I went there years ago we stuck with it. I have tried several others but prefer Nason. My paint dealer won't guaranty color match so when I color match I go with Metalux it also works but cost more.