Do I need a license to apply Hydrograph?

cherokee0629cherokee0629 Posts: 4Member
I know that there are certin film companies that would like you to have a licensed appacation, but do you knew one to start your business.
I have been practicing with the film appacation, but right now I do not have all the equimnet that is needed to start, nor the money right now.

Comments

• TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each state is different. I'm sure with most states you need to pay your taxes from commerce. Sales, L+I, and whatever they feel is your fair share.LOL The county Planning commissioner wants to allow me to work in my garage for a fee of $500.00. As far as buying film have at it. There are no restrictions except for TWN. They will sell small amounts to anyone, but if you need more I think they want some documentation of legitimacy from you. I could be wrong. Hope this helps
  • HardeightHardeight Posts: 584Member ✭✭✭
    You will need to contact Mossy Oak and Real Tree in regards to licensing their patterns.
    Other than that I don't think there are any other companies that require that type of royalty agreement.
  • WickedWaterWickedWater Posts: 19Member
    True Timber and Elusion require licensing for OEM work. LP has one film that Requires a license for OEM work and TWN has one as well.
  • CoastalHydrographicsCoastalHydrographics Posts: 3,047Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had to get a business license through the county but i just met with a guy who owns a local motorcycle shop and his second question to me was are you certified.lol
    Certifiable Maybe.LOL Aren't we all
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,380Administrator El Jefe
    I don't have a license...or certificate...but I DO give them to my trainees...
    So my instructor is not accredited? Thats like going to a private school and finding out Jack Black is your teacher. LOL B)
    I'm better than he is...
  • wicked_dipzwicked_dipz Posts: 564Member ✭✭✭
    At globo gym were better then you and we know it!!!!!!!
  • glockaddictedglockaddicted Posts: 21Member
    IF YOUR DIPPING,OR CERAKOTING FIREARMS,YES,YOU LL NEED AN FFL.
    I don't think they were asking about that.
  • GCIGCI Posts: 1,320Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have one just stuff the crooked government wants me to have
  • CoastalHydrographicsCoastalHydrographics Posts: 3,047Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    GCI said:

I don't have one just stuff the crooked government wants me to have

yep,yep
  • RBurressRBurress Posts: 1,553Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    We are out of the city limits so they didn't need one but it won't hurt to set up an LLC to at least separate the liabilities of your work from your personal. Just in case something went wrong and someone thought they needed to own everything you have.
  • micahmicah Posts: 85Member
    edited September 2014
    Do you really need a FFL license just to dip guns?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,437Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    There are a couple threads on FFL requirements, but in this one, Smitty sums it up very well.

http://k2forums.com/discussion/1872
    you may work on any part of a firearm,as long its not the receiver.the part,with the serial number on it.if you want to work on,entire firearm,apply,for an FFL,thru,BATFE.
    RBurress said:

We are out of the city limits so they didn't need one but it won't hurt to set up an LLC to at least separate the liabilities of your work from your personal. Just in case something went wrong and someone thought they needed to own everything you have.

So I could have gotten an LLC instead of a marriage licence. LOL
  • IngramHGIngramHG Posts: 159Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Straight from the horses mouth... ATF Ruling. That is the ATF saying "...any person who is engaged in the business of camouflaging or
    engraving firearms as described in this ruling must be licensed as a dealer, which includes a gunsmith, under the Gun Control Act".
    Aggreed.
    Hardeight said:

IM READING HERE.DO YOU NEED A FFL ,TO DO PAINT,OR DIP FIREARMS.ANSWER,IS,IF YOUR A BUSINESS,ANYTHING WITH A SERIAL NUMBER ON IT,THE ANSWER IS,YES....FEDERAL LAW.YOUR OWN STUFF,YOU CAN.THATS WHAT I WAS READING.

Hardeight said:

IM READING HERE.DO YOU NEED A FFL ,TO DO PAINT,OR DIP FIREARMS.ANSWER,IS,IF YOUR A BUSINESS,ANYTHING WITH A SERIAL NUMBER ON IT,THE ANSWER IS,YES....FEDERAL LAW.YOUR OWN STUFF,YOU CAN.THATS WHAT I WAS READING.
    I'm not sure what you are on about, but that wasn't what the OP was asking.
    The FFL issue, you just seemed to have came out of left field with that.

• SmittySmitty Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here it is, end of story.... Can I buy it on eBay? Then I do not need an ffl...
    If it is a serialized part, a restricted item, then you are providing a gunsmithing service.
    I can dip or cerakote magpul **badword** all day without cause for alarm... One shitty charter arms 38 frame comes in and I have to log it.
  • RBurressRBurress Posts: 1,553Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Smitty said:

If it is a serialized part, a restricted item, then you are providing a gunsmithing service.
    I can dip or cerakote magpul **badword** all day without cause for alarm... One shitty charter arms 38 frame comes in and I have to log it.

K.I.S.S, bam!
  • bodyman1bodyman1 Posts: 23Member
    Wait I need a license to dip a weapon I can take apart with my eyes closed??

That Uncle Sam is a mean uncle u see at the bbq and ignore. Ha ha ha
    Chuckleheads...
  • SOHydroSOHydro Posts: 253Member ✭✭✭
    Smitty said:

That's why when a client wants just a stock done, I ask them to pop it off and bring me just the stock. Then I don't have to mess with logging it in my A&D book!!