K2 brew

I used k2 bre for the first time today and I dipped it bust when rinsing it all came off how should k2 be sprayed 

Comments

• PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 612Member ✭✭✭
    Pictures?
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,794Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    What paint? 
  • angeldownangeldown Posts: 10Member
    One hit wounder
    I didnt get pictures but it peeled like a wet sticker 
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,995Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    angeldown said:

how should k2 be sprayed 

When it REALLY comes down to it.. K2 is just like any other activator.

Every activator works a bit different..and yet.. every activator works exactly the same.

(man, that sounded profound. That's margarita speech!)

K2 is sprayed just like any other activator...meaning.. every film is sprayed a bit different.

If it rinsed right off, it means you probably over activated it... which would have happened no matter what activator you used.

Course, could be closed up paint also..
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,632Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    The "like a sticker" comment and the fact that K2 is a bit weaker compared to others lends me to say it is under activated. Make sure the film glasses out. May take another pass or some dwell time to allow it to work a bit.
    This is it the next day
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,570Administrator El Jefe
    Gonna need some pictures my friend...
    This is it the next day I let sit on water 60 hit it with a good hit of super brew and looks glasses out but still dont turn into a liquid stay rubbery 
    Well if it was still rubbery?...It did not glass out...glassing out means it turned into a liquid...staying “rubbery” is not a liquid...

Underactivated...
    So maybe I miss understand flashing out when I spray the activator the pattern looks like it turns shiny smooth like water I am new at this and very driven to get this down right
    Dip your finger into a corner of the pattern...you will be able to tell if it is liquid or not...

In addition? Underactivation does not always mean lack of activator...it merely means that the film has not turned into a liquid...it could be the water is too cold...wrong activator for the film...not enough soak time...not enough dwell time and lastly not enough activator...

Now when we say not enough activator? Is it your settings?...Air pressure too high? Gun too high? Fluid needle not far enough out? Fan setting messed up?

Not enough material is making it to the film to turn it into a liquid so you have to figure out what it is...if in fact that is your exact problem...

This is where you have to start playing detective and figure out what went wrong...

Dip your finger into a corner of the pattern...you will be able to tell if it is liquid or not...

Randi was trying to dip some wood (film) the other day and having trouble.. it freaked her out when I did just THAT.. stuck my finger in the edge to see if it was ready

(Although i worded it funny.. that's actually true. She was trying to use a wood film.. wood soaks that stuff up. So before I left her dip, I touched an "outside of the dip" area to test the film. That really is a good test..."
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,632Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yep @smedlin Woodgrain is deceivingly thirsty. Lay it on.

@angeldown it's under activated. Spray more and increase soak time a bit.
    Yep @smedlin Woodgrain is deceivingly thirsty. Lay it on. @angeldown it's under activated. Spray more and increase soak time a bit.
    Can I dip in 96 Fahrenheit help the film out 
    it's not the temp, or the hydrate time... the more ink on a film, the more juice it needs.
    Ok sweet thanks