Activating issue

ive Been dipping for awhile and never had this problem I’m either over or under activating every time and don’t know what to do. My tank is at 90 degrees Fahrenheit and I’m using liquid print one film and activator I wait the 60 seconds and usually about 15 after activating please help idk what to do.

Comments

• gusmartin1994gusmartin1994 Posts: 18Member
    No one can help?
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,127Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really... It's Sunday and most folks are at home with their family (lucky people) and you are so overactivated that it hard to help without insulting you.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,961Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try it on a speed shape until you have it dialed in.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,757Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give a 90 sec soak and bump tank to 92 
    Ok thanks I also drained my tank because some one told me my water was saturated with activator which was also causing an issue. Which makes sense because my dipping volume has increased to around 5 items per day. More than previously before. So try again tomorrow I guess.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,638Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    No, it is very unlikely that your water is saturated, since we have proven it is nearly impossible to do... Especially at the frequency you are dipping
    Ok so how do you find the sweet spot I’m always under or over can’t find the sweet spot? And even if I don’t have a sprayer system to wash off my tank it can’t get saturated? Or can’t affect the film with the activator on top? I spray it off with a hose but you can still see the activator on top after I do so
    I read your thread and I’m thinking it’s my paint because I’m using rattle can auto body paint so if I get the ohm paint I won’t have these problems as much?
    @studebaker that’s with one pass very light 
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,781Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of tank do you have or is it a tote your dipping from
    It’s a freezer that a built with a trough on one end to drain the film and stuff out and I spray it off after every dip but I could still see an oily substance on the water before a dip. But I’m thinking it’s the activator because I’ve never had this problem with hydrovator before.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,638Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Its your paint. Get some real paint and all your problems will go away. Yes OHW is a fine choice, so is Hydrosolutions, Aqualac, or anything offered by our sponsors.

Stop everything you are doing and get it, until then, you are wasting your time.
    Is there any where to get the stuff from a store so I don’t have to wait to shop I’m in the east Texas area around dallas
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 600Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 7
    Use the forum sponsors there products have been proven to work with this process. And they have great customer service
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,542Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

Ok thanks I also drained my tank because some one told me my water was saturated with activator which was also causing an issue. Which makes sense because my dipping volume has increased to around 5 items per day. More than previously before. So try again tomorrow I guess.

We dip 1000s of parts a week, spraying about 3-4 gallons of activator a week. We typically go 3 weeks without changing our water, but have gone even longer.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,542Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    But yes, It looks like a reaction with your base paint.
    One hit wonder on its way just wish there was a place closer so I didn’t have to wait on shipping
    You can use automotive paint, but avoid aerosols. If you really want to do this, get a decent paint gun, clear gun, and activator gun and a compressor to use them. Check out the Air Gunsa spray guns. Very reasonably priced and a great gun for this process. It's the minimum quality I recommend.
    @gusmartin1994 If it were available in a store it would cost A LOT more. This isn't a common DIY process (no matter how easy YouTube makes it look) and the market isn't huge for the products. If it was available in stores, then no one would need you to do it for them. Be glad you are in the USA where the products are available in a few days and reasonably priced, poke around here and see what it takes to do this in Australia.
    @WileECoyote I understand this it would just be better so I don’t have a wait time for my customers 
  • SpinnerSpinner Posts: 187Member ✭✭✭
    What kind of activator gin are you using? I was running into some misses, too, and went back to dial the gun in again. Temperature and humidity have an affect on this process. So things "dialed in" in April will be different in January.
    Is your workspace climate controlled
    @Spinner I use an old electric sprayer which was causing most of my problem purchases a activator gun and yes it’s climate controlled 
    Yeah get rid of that thing...
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,444Member ✭✭✭✭
    Its better to burn out .......... than fade away!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am assuming that is an airless? The tip isn't fine enough atomization for the activator.
    I got it fixed thanks for all the helpful input.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,127Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for letting us know you found a solution! Some folks wouldn't even go that far. But, can you post what it was that fixed your problem? We are here to help each other with solutions. And you have probably found a great one!
    I changed my paint and purchased an activator gun those bothe seemed to have helped tremendously