Kuiu verde 2.0 and vias tough up colors

headhunter6headhunter6 Posts: 223Member ✭✭✭
anyone know of any paint that the color is pretty close for tough ups areas   I usually can mix colors and get it close but I am having trouble for some reason with these two patterns.  

Comments

• norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 1,055Member ✭✭✭
    I've mixed the Verde paint using OHW and help from Jason.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,733Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Color matching is an art and very difficult. The only suggestion I have is to practice and train your eye. If you put a dot of color onto the sample and you can see it? It isn't matched. I will use a color chip of the color I'm trying to match, get it close in the cup, but a little lighter, then put a dot on the color chip. Let it dry (under a heat lamp or blow dryer), then look again. It'll darken when dry. Then compare your dot to the surrounding color. If the color chip looks to have more of a blue hue, add a bit of blue, etc. It takes a lot of practice, good lighting, patience, and more practice.

Get a good scale and keep track of how you do it. I use a a scale that weighs in grams w/ a max of 10kg, but an accuracy of 0.1g. The more accurate you are, the more accurate you can reproduce the color in the future.

Again, it's not easy and you will waste some paint. But once you have the recipes? You have them forever and it's easy to whip up a batch from the colors you have in stock standard.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,765Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    And look at the part from an arms length away, for no more than 5 seconds... Or use that criteria to ask someone else who doesn't know right where it is to look for it. It doesn't have to be perfect, you just need to make sure that the eye isn't drawn to it because the pattern is flawed.