HOW TO PREPARE CANDY COLOR?

Hello, dear friends. Greetings from Argentina I hope you are well. I have a curiosity about how to prepare a sweet color ... if someone can explain how to do it, I would appreciate it, thank you very much!

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,638Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    A candy is typically a 2 part application. A base color, with a clear sprayed over the top with a colored tint added to it. The base is applied like any other, but the tinted clear needs to go on in a very even application. In addition, there still needs to be a layer or 3 of clear sprayed over the top of that (depending on your application). If you don't, you will not be able to buff or repair any defects without altering the color.
  • CristianCristian Posts: 35Member

A candy is typically a 2 part application. A base color, with a clear sprayed over the top with a colored tint added to it. The base is applied like any other, but the tinted clear needs to go on in a very even application. In addition, there still needs to be a layer or 3 of clear sprayed over the top of that (depending on your application). If you don't, you will not be able to buff or repair any defects without altering the color.

I have to paint the piece with a colored background ... and then I mix the bi-layer + clear paint ???
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,495Administrator El Jefe
    You need to paint the part silver or gold...you need the heavy metallic in the base coat to reflect back through the colored clear coat to give the "depth" to the look of the candy...

We use silver as our base coat...the more metallic? The better the look...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,638Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    You do not add paint to the clear. You need to add a candy concentrate to the clear.
    Honestly, I suspect you need some more time under your belt before you start this sort of project
  • getemkustomsgetemkustoms Posts: 77Member ✭✭
    @Cristian I believe the pictures you posted are of examples done in powder coat. To achieve that look in powder coat a chrome base with a top coat in a translucent color. Here is a example of some jet ski engine cradles I have done in translucent colors.