Football Follies Winner of Week 8 and New Week 9 2018

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,380Administrator El Jefe
OK, guys...yea sorry for last week's miss...I kept everyone's choices from the previous week so it was a little easier...4 teams on a buy made that easier...but the most difficult thing was watching the Vikings choke on national TV Sunday night...ugh...and before you even start? NO Cousin's is not an $84 Million dollar mistake...while he could have played better? That "O" Line totally sucks and the fumble was not his fault...as well as Diggs cutting off his pattern and the "Pick 6" that resulted afterward...the D held Brees to an all-time low of 120 yards passing...just a bad day or breaks...it is what it is...Cousin's is playing at a high level DESPITE a sieve of an "O" Line and his only losses were to both the Rams and the Saint's...Division leaders...that Bills game? Who knows what happened there...so NO he isn't a mistake and that discussion is dumb...

So without further adeu... @Fejery4491 you are this weeks winner/loser...here is OUR "Bag O' Shame"...

And our certificates...

First the bad of last week...Dem Browns... the writing was on the wall but no way they can go 30 something and 1 and not can the coach...poor Hue...

And what about the Packers and the Lions giving up on this season via free agency?... Oh yea and the Raiders...jettisoning Cooper...Is this just revenge for Gruden getting dealt to the Bucs all those years ago? Because man is he destroying the team...never mind they got a season of football to play first...because it sure seems like the games on Sunday are more of an afterthought...

Carr "Hey coach I know we have not watched any game tape or even practiced with the reserve squad...well since you traded away all the starting line up I mean...What's the game plan?"

Gruden "Oh, yea we got a game today right?"...

Carr "Yea we gonna roll over and play dead like the first half of the season?"

Gruden "Nope...we are going to punt on first down from now on...by the way? How many years you got on your contract?...You like Buffalo this time of year? I was hoping to get these Hooter Chicks on our team"...

Shame on the Jags for not going after a QB...this is gonna get ugly...

I ask again...is ANY team worse than the Giants?...

Onward and upward...How about Deshaun Watson hanging 5 passing TD's on the Fins? And everyone thought he was not going to return to last years form? Yea I think he is there...

Cam Newton and Carson Wentz are really on fire...

How about Adrian Peterson ripping off that 70 yard TD run...yea he ain't no old man...

And can anyone beat the Rams?... They win even though they played lousy on Sunday...that's the sign of a really good team...

Speaking of lousy teams?...this weeks "Bag O' Shame" goes to...the Bill's...they hung with the Pat's as long as they could...

And runner-up who also got beat down by 19 is the 'Fins...seriously getting 5 passing TD's hung on you...by the Texans?...ugly...

And honorable mention goes to...the Packers for giving up on Rodgers yet AGAIN...this poor guy can't get a break...just watching yet another veteran talent exit the club has GOT to be killing him...and his chances at another title...2 weeks after showing some class in hanging on the Crosby? They can two of their veteran players right in the middle of a playoff hunt...say goodbye Felicia...

Let the dissension commence...

On to the contest...

So the rules are the same as last week...post up YOUR FAVORITE TEAM in this thread...there will be no flip-flopping here...this is for true fans who live or die every Sunday on the gridiron...this week? The biggest loser wins...Up for grabs is 1 meter of film from Kansas Hydrographics for starters...So let's hear it for Brent at Kansas Hydro...show him some love and buy some film when you win...

Also as an added bonus? I will match the 1 meter of film for any Business Ninja (paying members only...free trial members do not qualify) out of my pocket as a bonus. So if you are a paying Premium Business Ninja and you win? You get an additional 1 meter of film donated by K2 Forums...that's only the beginning of what I have planned...membership should have it's privileges right?

SO get your picks in and let it begin! Time to start that long walk of shame down to week 16...oh yea...and your picks have to be in BEFORE game time starts...or you will be disqualified...

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!!

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,481Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    WE WERE SO CLOSE...
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,380Administrator El Jefe

WE WERE SO CLOSE...

Not anymore...
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,901Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a good note, my Cowboys did not lose this past week!
    smedlin said:

On a good note, my Cowboys did not lose this past week!

Just barely...
  • CrazyDipperCrazyDipper Posts: 51Member
    Im glad my titans had a off week maybe they had time regroup and get there *@#! together maybe things will start better next monday night

Im glad my titans had a off week maybe they had time regroup and get there *@#! together maybe things will start better next monday night

Yea they got a long road...they got the talent...they just to get it all together...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,444Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Browns. Like Jim's underwear
  • dirtbagdavdirtbagdav Posts: 107Member ✭✭
    Panthers
    Cowboys
  • Fejery4491Fejery4491 Posts: 152Member ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have to find more wall space to hang all these.....

I'll take my Vikings again!
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,276Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Saints. Gonna give the Rams their first loss this week.
    Cowboys gonna lose for sure monday night thanks to my titans come on Tennessee show them cowgirls how to play the game
    Oh DAMN...anyone see that guys arm break in the Raiders/49ers game?...Dang that just was awe full...

Oh DAMN...anyone see that guys arm break in the Raiders/49ers game?...Dang that just was awe full...

Just go ahead and give the award to an Oakland person.. wow, lose 31 to 3 to SF???
  • versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 220Member ✭✭✭
    Packers!
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,481Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Packers defense looked AMAZING against Brady. And without ANOTHER fumble... this game would have looked very different.
    Tonight is the night titans gonna put a W on board sucks we had to wait for the cowboys ro get a win but win is win sorry cowboy fans
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,276Member, Moderator El Moderator
    NotSoFast said:

Saints. Gonna give the Rams their first loss this week.

Called it! =)
    Sorry cowgirl fans i told you my titans was gonna get that easy W i just hope we can get momentum from it and keep digging
    @NotSoFast Chinks in the armor have been showing lately. Luckily the Saints have the manpower to capitalize on them.

Sorry cowgirl fans i told you my titans was gonna get that easy W i just hope we can get momentum from it and keep digging

Sorry for the delay...I was on another volunteer project last week and it just destroys my extra time...without further adieu...

Well it was a tie between the Cowgirls and the Slackers...and since @smedlin has already won a couple times this year I am going to give it to @versuspaint ...here is your "Bag O' Shame" Packer fan...wear it well...

And here is your certificate of shame...

Give Brent @kansashydrographics a call with your film choice...maybe buy another meter or 3 from him while ya got him on the phone...and please tell him thank you for sponsoring our football contest...316-461-6730
    I don't want the film... but I sure want the Certificate. Gonna need that later when we take the division...

I don't want the film... but I sure want the Certificate. Gonna need that later when we take the division...

Cha right...the Packers are just an organism that feeds on your hopes and dreams...digests them and then excretes them in a big pile of steamy regret...

Cha right...the Packers are just an organism that feeds on your hopes and dreams...digests them and then excretes them in a big pile of steamy regret...

Predominate winds blow from the West... and we have been smelling something coming from Minnesota for YEARS
    edited November 13

Predominate winds blow from the West... and we have been smelling something coming from Minnesota for YEARS
    That's more your team/whole state is a gigantic black hole of suck...thus the vacuum effect and corresponding wind change...simple cause and effect...

And you guys just got lucky enough to have 2 back to back HOF Quarterbacks...you guys better start praying now for the day when Rogers retires...the odds of a 3rd HOF QB?...

Having said that I can just see it happening now...oh god...
    Post edited by K2Concepts on
    I am telling you, the Packers aren't as bad as their record. I don't think the Vikes are going to be a pushover, but the North isn't decided just yet...