1k clear

TrayersSlayersTrayersSlayers Posts: 257Member ✭✭✭
Looking for a good 1k clear. So far I've found Nano-chem flat waterborne clear to be very durable but if you spray to thick then it drys milky. 

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,403Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Prime coatings has a similar product, but I believe they have a gloss as well
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a new one out that we’re rolling into our lineup - dries about 80% gloss, or we can matte it
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
    Nanochem waterborne flat is what we use...
  • TrayersSlayersTrayersSlayers Posts: 257Member ✭✭✭
    Nanochem waterborne flat is what we use...
    I do like it. I'll probably settle on it. It's just some getting used to. I'm used to laying the Nano-chem 1%. But something in that 1% clear when I spray it on tarnished Nonferrous metal it will dissolve away the blue and green corrosion leaving essentially a clean metal surface.  Sometimes I don't want it patina free. So I have to hit with the waterborne first to preserve the patina.  Then spray with the 1% to get it dead flat. So it doesn't look cleared. 
  • TrayersSlayersTrayersSlayers Posts: 257Member ✭✭✭
    @K2Concepts I'm spraying the nano-chem waterborne from a 1.3 do you think I should drop down to a 1 or a .8 tip? If so I'll have to go buy one. Lol I don't own any mini guns anymore. 
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
    @TrayersSlayers yea brother I use a .8 for laying any flat clears...just to be safe...it makes it easier...