Hello from Texas!

How’s it all going?! Have been looking into starting up a new Business and I have found it! I am looking for a hydro dipping tank and any and all information that could be useful!

Comments

• smedlinsmedlin Posts: 2,052Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wazzzup!

howdy and welcome.

What part of Texas ya from?
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,835Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and look in the for sale section there is always someone getting out of the business 
  • NickelCityHydroNickelCityHydro Posts: 704Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum!
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 641Member ✭✭✭
    Welcome
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,747Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forum
  • kingoutfitterskingoutfitters Posts: 22Member
    Thanks guys. I’m about 45 minutes north of Houston. 
    looch said:
    Welcome and look in the for sale section there is always someone getting out of the business 
    I have been and am hoping the guy in Cali still has all of his stuff. 

Where at?

I'm about 45 minutes south of Houston (Texas City)
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,298Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, you'll find everything you'll ever need here. Good luck
    smedlin said:
    Where at? I'm about 45 minutes south of Houston (Texas City)
    I’m out in Montgomery boarder line magnolia. 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,818Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Welcome!
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,838Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
  • NWHNWH Posts: 68Member ✭✭
    Welcome!
    Can i ask why starting in a hydro business? Always intrigued by the answers and what motivates people to this line of work.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,844Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Welcome
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,779Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,696Administrator El Jefe
    Welcome to the forum...thanks for joining!...
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,345Member, Moderator El Moderator
    NWH said:

Welcome!
    Can i ask why starting in a hydro business? Always intrigued by the answers and what motivates people to this line of work.

My money is on "whiskey and tens of thousands of dollars burning a hole in my pocket".
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,335Member ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum!!
  • NWHNWH Posts: 68Member ✭✭
    NotSoFast said:

NWH said:

Welcome!

My money is on "whiskey and tens of thousands of dollars burning a hole in my pocket".
    Well this business drove me to drink tons of whiskey.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,844Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I was gonna drink it anyway, Hydrographics just gave me an excuse.
  • CrazyDipperCrazyDipper Posts: 84Member
    Welcome and i never need excuse for the whiskey but my favorite excuse is cause all the beer is gone
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,696Administrator El Jefe
    NotSoFast said:

NWH said:

Welcome!

NWH said:
    Welcome! Can i ask why starting in a hydro business? Always intrigued by the answers and what motivates people to this line of work.
    Just now getting back on here after finally getting most of my equipment up and running for me to practice with. Sorry for just replying have been super busy! 
    The original reason I looked into starting it, is because one of my friends always talked about, but eventually he pretty much dropped it and I didn't. I did research for months before ultimately deciding to go forward and start looking for the tank and what not. With all the hobbies I have right now I saw a nitch for it, and a possibility to make a little bit of money (hopefully a bunch of money eventually lol). plus I haven't really heard of anyone around me doing it... besides @smedlin, but he is a few hours away from me! oh and whiskey is always great lol
    Sup @kingoutfitters ! Long time no hear from ya!

and..umm..FYI..several dippers up in north'ish Houston.

Anyways, did you finally get everything set up? Get your tank and stuff? Get everything figured out?
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,345Member, Moderator El Moderator
    To make money dipping, you need a contract job. LOTS of parts using a repeatable process. If you are doing lots of single, unique pieces, you better love doing them, because that will almost certainly be the only positive you get out of it. The cost of equipment, tools, and most importantly, your TIME will overshadow the little profit you take in on these jobs.
    One off jobs for guys off the street is slow death for dippers. If that is what you plan on doing, just save the time and money and do something more fun. If you can land high end custom jobs ($500 minimum per project) you can make it work, or production... that's it.
    smedlin said:
    Sup @kingoutfitters ! Long time no hear from ya! and..umm..FYI..several dippers up in north'ish Houston. Anyways, did you finally get everything set up? Get your tank and stuff? Get everything figured out?
    Yeah I have seen some here and there. Looks like h20 printers (if I remember the name correctly) is selling all of there stuff. 
    Yeah finally got most of it set up. Still need a few things here and there. Have done several dips over the last few weeks working bugs out. Was using the film I got with the tank, but I think some of it is old and messing with me. Order new film a few days ago from dip ape just waiting on it. 

As as far as money making, I know production is going to be the way to make it. As for now it’s going to be one offs to show what I can do and be able to put out my product. Eventually and hopefully landing contracts. I know it’s going to be a long process to get there though. 
    Slowly getting there. 
    It's a start!

Did you learn on your own..trial and error?