Is it ever too late to rinse?

Sorry to keep going with what most of you probably consider stupid questions but here goes...

Is it ever too late to rinse? I've seen posts on here that say it's sometimes better not to rinse immediately and rinse anywhere from 5-13 minutes after dipping, but what would happen if you rinsed after an hour, or 12, or 24 etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,537Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    It's way harder to get off. Rinse as soon as your products allow. Certain paints require a little "bite in" time, but if your paint doesn't... rinse immediately. Typically parts have lots of creases and inaccessible areas, and you don't want PVA trying in those areas where you can't get too.

Don't feel bad about asking "stupid" questions... just keep in mind that the WIDE variety and backgrounds of the people doing this process have afforded many viewpoints on variables. If there is an accepted way to do things, there is a reason for it. We use the example of people using cheap aerosol paints. If it worked, we would ALL be using it.
  • ShafeLifeShafeLife Posts: 15Member
    thanks @WileECoyote - is there anywhere you can point me toward to find what sorts of paints & base layers allow the patterns to "bite in" best? I think I'm using the wrong type of primer...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,475Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Check out any of the forum sponsors:
    One Hit Wonder (no need for primer)
    Big Brain
    Kansas Hydrographics (DTP has no need for primer)
    Liquid Concepts

All of them sell products designed for this process.
    I also know I missed some sponsors, so check the sponsor pages to be sure. These are just companies I use often.
  • ShafeLifeShafeLife Posts: 15Member
    Great, thanks! I'll be sure to look into it.