No Longer Available

Militant83Militant83 Posts: 110Member ✭✭
edited October 6 in Equipment For Sale
Just bought a paint booth and it came with several pieces of 24” duct. I dont need all of it if anyone needs some.  i will post pictures when Im home. Located in central ohio
Post edited by Militant83 on

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I would hang on to it. May want to exhaust your booth or something at some point.
  • Militant83Militant83 Posts: 110Member ✭✭
    edited September 13
    @MidOhioHydrographics I dont have room to store it long term. Im keeping a couple of the smaller pieces. 
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
    Been there done that...
    I wasnt going to take them but the price was the same with or without so they came with lol
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I feel like I want it... and I'm pretty sure that someday I will need it..... I'm such a pack rat...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,403Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    How big is that booth?!
    Joe I think you do need it
    @WileECoyote an 8x8 open face
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,403Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Is it a tubaxial fan?

@WileECoyote yes it is 
    If the performance curve is similar to the Dayton fans, you are going to pull 10,310 cfm with that fan. Divide that by the opening gives you a velocity of 161 f/min. Typically you shoot for between 60 f/min (for supplied air hood respiration) and 110 f/min (for half mask respirators). That thing is going to be a wind tunnel, and without a filter bank to pull through you are going to have TONS of dust in your paint and clear.
    My 30" duct and axial fan only pulls 8750cfm through my 7' x 10' opening.
    It is a 3phase motor that I will have to run with a static convertor due to not having 3phase power. I was told with that booth will operate but at less power. 
    @MidOhioHydrographics That's why I asked if the performance was similar to the Dayton fan. There is a lot of variety in fans, so its worth looking into to see what the CFM rating is. He MAY be fine, but I would rather know now, than after I put it up. That being said... Putting a filter bank on the front of it would help the dirt tremendously, and kill the flow a little.
    It has a 3phase 3 hp dayton motor
    Look on the tag on the side. It SHOULD have a CFM rating stamped into it.
    Looks like that fan can vary from 10,310 to 7,398 CFM

It is a 3phase motor that I will have to run with a static convertor due to not having 3phase power. I was told with that booth will operate but at less power. 

Technically yes, there is loss in a static converter, but if its at the top end... you are going to have to lose A LOT of power to make it useful.
    edited September 13
    @WileECoyote  Sorry it is a 1.5 hp motor not 3... didnt see any cfm rating on it.
    If that is a Dayton package it can draw anywhere from 2914 to 6562 with a 1.5 hp motor. At 45 f/min you COULD experience issues with overspray as it is not being drawn out fast enough. Especially if filters or fan blades are dirty.
    @WileECoyote I was thinking of just replacing the motor with a single phase anyways and skipping the convertor. Any recomendations on the best size?
    I would replace it with a single phase for sure. You will need to do some calculations based on the RPM of the motor you choose and the efficiency of the fan itself. Like I said (depending on your process in your booth half mask vs supplied air) make your decision on what you need to draw through the booth (along with possibly upsizing if you plan to enclose the front of the booth with a filter wall HIGHLY RECCOMENDED). Likely you will have to change the sheaves on the motor and/or fan based on that calculation. Sheaves are probably under $50. If you know of an HVAC company in the area they could probably do all these calculations for you AND make the filter bank for the front of the booth, and sell you the sheaves and belts.
    No longer available can an admin close it out please.
This discussion has been closed.