Best training

nwflemingnwfleming Posts: 27Member
so I’m thinking about getting some proper training here. I’d love to get something from Jim, but I doubt he’s coming back to Ohio. I was looking at TWN training. Anyone have a positive experience from this...unless Jim wants to come out at my shop...I’ll buy lunch lol

Comments

• loochlooch Posts: 1,763Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where ya located. Big brains does training and one hit wonder does to
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,917Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to say which training is best..we would have to have gone thru all of them.

Pick one of the forums sponsors.

The wife and I did the 3 day training with BB. It was outstanding.

I did the Ohio remote after the BB training..and to be honest, your going to get more out of if it you go do a "1 on 1" training. Which makes sense..

I'd love to go out to Cali and get personal training under Jim. (slow pitch!!)

Anyways, pick one that is close to you and get the training. The money is worth it.

Good training, while expensive, will actually save you money in the long run.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,288Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Unless you are insanely lucky to live next door to a "good" training facility, you will have to travel. It's just the way it is and it's one of the many things that makes doing this job as expensive as it is. We are in south Louisiana and traveled to Arkansas and Ohio for two different training sessions. They were well worth it. Do we wish they had a good class offered in Baton Rouge? Of course, but they don't, so we went to where the classes are. Several of the forum sponsors offer training and they sound like they do a very good job. From what I have heard on here, TWN's training is just one big, expensive commercial trying to sell you all of their products. Even to go as far as telling trainees that their products are necessary to dip properly.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,917Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NotSoFast , I'm surprised you didn't go to BB for training. Your only, what.. 3.5 hours away from them?
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,529Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I don't think BB was doing training at the time @NotSoFast was starting. If they were, it was very early on.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,288Member, Moderator El Moderator
    edited August 23
    smedlin said:

@NotSoFast , I'm surprised you didn't go to BB for training. Your only, what.. 3.5 hours away from them?

@WileECoyote is correct. They are about 5 hours from us (NW corner of the state vs SE for us) and were not doing training yet beck when we bought our tank. We bought it from Liquid Concepts and did a two day session which I believe was included in our tank package. Later that year, we attended the K2 remote training in Ohio at @MidOhioHydrographics shop.
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 348Member ✭✭✭
    I have been to Liquid Concepts and Big Brain. Can't say I prefer one over the other because my LC class was a beginner and the BB was a custom course working on my weak points. I Learned a lot at both places worth every penny. If you are thinking of upgrading your equipment check to see if any of them offer free training with equipment purchase. Liquid concepts and TWN use to both have that.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,440Administrator El Jefe
    we WILL be going back to Ohio...not sure when but I know Joe would love to have us stop back by in the future...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,472Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

we WILL be going back to Ohio...not sure when but I know Joe would love to have us stop back by in the future...

If everything goes as planned, it won’t be in the same place. Fingers crossed for this one...
  • Militant83Militant83 Posts: 127Member ✭✭
    Hopefully I can make it up to the remote when @MidOhioHydrographics and @K2Concepts decide to hold another one.