Central Ohio Guy

Militant83Militant83 Posts: 141Member ✭✭
I know this should have probably been my first post but better late than never. I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm from the central Ohio area, currently working in law enforcement. I am extremely interested in the cerakote and hydrographic industries as a possible side business later on down the road. For now I intend to play around with it as a hobby with my own project and friends stuff and learn as much as I can and see where it goes from there.

Comments

• prographixprographix Posts: 10Member
    Welcome to the forum
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,757Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 600Member ✭✭✭
    Well as I'm sure you have noticed this is a place full of info and knowledge. Read read read and read some more lol. This can be a very frustrating process to learn so just be patient. It will take you a good year of practice. And if you really want to have success in this then save yourself all the extra headaches and use products made for this process. And stick with forum sponsors they have tested and proven products and they stand behind there products 100% they will go above and beyond to help you succeed. Without this community I wouldn't be where I'm at today.
  • Militant83Militant83 Posts: 141Member ✭✭

Well as I'm sure you have noticed this is a place full of info and knowledge. Read read read and read some more lol. This can be a very frustrating process to learn so just be patient. It will take you a good year of practice. And if you really want to have success in this then save yourself all the extra headaches and use products made for this process. And stick with forum sponsors they have tested and proven products and they stand behind there products 100% they will go above and beyond to help you succeed. Without this community I wouldn't be where I'm at today.

Definitely, I am in no hurry to do anything. I am just trying to learn as much as I can before putting any money or time into anything. And when I'm ready I will get some formal training and go from there. But that is a while from now.
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 600Member ✭✭✭
    I understand completely. And yes when your training should be you number 1 priority. And not all training is the same. So make sure you go somewhere good. I made the mistake and went to a guy to a random guy that offered training and it was a waste of $2,000. Well I guess not a complete waste it still gave me the general knowledge but looking back knowing what I know now it was a joke. I've been at this almost 2 years and I have definitely surpassed him lol. I went and had a tank made by a guy who builds custom stainless grills. I'm hoping to start building a new shop with all new equipment that's actually made for this process next year and start moving more towards production work.
  • NickelCityHydroNickelCityHydro Posts: 692Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum!
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,734Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    welcome
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,755Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,961Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howdy and welcome to the forums.
  • SingleAction52SingleAction52 Posts: 711Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Welcome @Militant83, If you don't know it already, you have one of the best in the business right there in mid Ohio. I can't remember the name of his company but he does a right smart business in the firearms industry and has a lot of knowledge and experience with cerakote and dipping.
    Just kidding about not remembering the name..., its Mid Ohio Hydrographics and Joe has always been very helpful whenever I needed it, as is most everybody on here. You've found a good forum.

Welcome @Militant83, If you don't know it already, you have one of the best in the business right there in mid Ohio. I can't remember the name of his company but he does a right smart business in the firearms industry and has a lot of knowledge and experience with cerakote and dipping.
    Just kidding about not remembering the name..., its Mid Ohio Hydrographics and Joe has always been very helpful whenever I needed it, as is most everybody on here. You've found a good forum.

Already plan on meeting with Joe soon to talk about the industry a little and tour his shop.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,495Administrator El Jefe
    Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining in!...

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining in!...

My pleasure Jim, I have learned a lot in the short amount of time that I have been on here.
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,335Member ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum!!