Howdy . Ohio newby here

mike1992mike1992 Posts: 11Member
Hey everyone just starting out and this looks like the place to be 

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Posts: 167Member ✭✭✭
    You got that right 
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,729Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum from nj 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Welcome Mike! Where in Ohio are you?
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,725Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forum
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
    Hello and welcome to the forum!...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    What is in the water in Ohio? You guys love you some hydrographics over there...
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,648Member ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

What is in the water in Ohio? You guys love you some hydrographics over there...

There are two younger kids in my town "getting into it" that have contacted me for training or "working for free" to learn. Yeah... I'm nice but I'm not thaaaaaat nice. I've met with them and both seem like great guys. One has a homemade tank in his basement and a harbor freight gun, the other has some auto painting experience that already has paint guns and such. Both are seeing $$$ for everyone beating down their door for this new awesome process that nobody else is doing around here. :lol:
  • NickelCityHydroNickelCityHydro Posts: 682Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum !
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @MidOhioHydrographics ... I don't know, letting them work for free for a month or two, and then dropping the $30,000 dollar bomb on them after that (and your setup is MUCH higher than that) might get you some temp labor in the meantime.

@MidOhioHydrographics ... I don't know, letting them work for free for a month or two, and then dropping the $30,000 dollar bomb on them after that (and your setup is MUCH higher than that) might get you some temp labor in the meantime.

Good point...
  • mike1992mike1992 Posts: 11Member
    Thanks guys midohiohydrographics im in dundee ohio 
    Not sure how to highlight who I'm answering 
    @mike1992 if you pit the at symbol in front of the name it will direct to them
    @mike1992 no problem. I'm in ohio as well. Willard. I just do it part time for now but hopefully expanding soon. 
    @DeviousDips ya I'm starting out on the side with hopes to grow into more
    It's a tough business and takes alot of money to get started but I enjoy it. One key advise that I can give is don't let the customers or other shops determine your price. Alot of lowballers that do half a$$ work and if ppl are looking for cheap work let them go they are not worth the headache lol
    @mike1992 as with all fellow Ohioans, I have an open door policy. You're welcome to come down for lunch some day and check out the shop and talk a bit about the industry. I don't offer "training" (unless @K2Concepts wants to hold another Remote Training at my shop) but I'm glad to tell you what products we have had success with, and which we don't care for. Looks like your only a little over an hour from my shop. Let me know!

Also, don't be too concerned with other shops being around. There is plenty of work if you can think outside the box and find it! Best advice I can give you is to get GOOD training for the entire process from a reputable source (K2 Concepts, Liquid Concepts, Big Brain are all great choices) and to realize that the "dip" is only about 10% of running a hydrographics business.

Good luck with your endeavor!
    @MidOhioHydrographics thank you for the advice. I will deffinetly try to make it up there sometime I'm only starting out and got a lot to learn

@DeviousDips ya I have noticed there is a huge variation in pricing 
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,880Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy and welcome to the forums.
  • Militant83Militant83 Posts: 110Member ✭✭
    Welcome, Im also one of the new guys from Ohio. I'm down in the Circleville area.
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard!