fractalcamo, lexi graphics, hydrodigitalfilms, patterncrew???

dodevildodevil Posts: 77Member
ok. i'm confuse about something. asking here is like asking to fractalcamo? patterns posted here are available at fractalcamo or just the design. and also patterncrew that look like only make the design but they dont print itself. when hit the link for lexigraphics they take you to fractalcamo is all this related? hydrodigitalfilms is also related to all this? because they have the same options just cheaper.

that coupon 2kforum40 what discount apply.

im looking to make some customs film 4x4 related and i want stick to the forum sponsor but is a lil confusing.

Comments

• DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,702Member ✭✭✭✭
    Pattern crew designs the images. Fractalcamo and hydrodigital are custom printers that will print pattern crew designs 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,466Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @studebaker can help.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,078Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @DeviousDips that is correct! PatternCrew just creates patterns that might interest the hydrographic market and sells them to custom film printers to print for you.

The Custom film printers listed below (in bold) are Forum Sponsors that have been vetted for good business practices and are held to a higher standard by the members of K2Forums.

FractalCamo.com
    GoBigBrain.com
    LiquidConcepts.com
    HydroDigitalFilms.com
    Einsteings.com
    SmartSolve.com
    HydroConcepts.com.au

The coupon code from FractalCamo K2FORUM40 is a reusable discount of $5 off every square meter of film you buy from him.
  • dodevildodevil Posts: 77Member
    studebaker said:8
    Thank you @DeviousDips that is correct! PatternCrew just creates patterns that might interest the hydrographic market and sells them to custom film printers to print for you. The Custom film printers listed below (in bold) are Forum Sponsors that have been vetted for good business practices and are held to a higher standard by the members of K2Forums. FractalCamo.com GoBigBrain.com LiquidConcepts.com HydroDigitalFilms.com Einsteings.com SmartSolve.com HydroConcepts.com.au The coupon code from FractalCamo K2FORUM40 is a reusable discount of $5 off every square meter of film you buy from him.
    Thank for that super complete response. If i want the desing made by you. Its crewpattern For design And fractalcamo for print?. I really like the feedback that you provide to the forum.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,702Member ✭✭✭✭
    @dodevil. You can take pattern crew designs to any of the custom printers. The list that he posted is all the ones that will print the designs. Big Brain uses a different custom film than fractalcamo so if you are use to a custom film and it works I would stick with that company 
    edited August 8
    Generally, the Custom film printers will buy the pattern(s) from PatternCrew that they can sell to many customers and amortize the cost over many future sales... But if you need a special exclusive pattern they will either create it for you at a nominal fee or hire Pattern Crew to make it for them if it gets too complicated. Or even better, you can create a seamless pattern yourself and send it to them to print! Here's some youtube videos on making seamless patterns yourself... SEAMLESS Patterns Videos

PatternCrew makes the sample patterns available to printers and film suppliers to post on their websites to show their potential customers the wide possibilities that aren't always available form the preprinted market. If a customer of hydrographic dipping can't find just what they are looking for they may just look for other decoration methodologies and leave the little guy high and dry (read broke and starving) looking for the next potential customer. That's where the 7000 patterns on the PatternCrew website fill the gap.
    So technically we can ge the same design from pattercrew and print it over film for hydrographics and also get that printed over wrap vinyl for hood or big parts? That open a whole new market for me People always ask for the hood.
    When you say printer can get the pattern is because they dont sell it to the public?
    Yes, @dodevil Anyone can buy a pattern from PatternCrew! It's very common for wrap companies to by the patterns for their projects. These patterns can be printed on fabric, upholstery vinyl, wrap vinyl, wallpaper, hydrographic film, ad nauseum...

I say "the printer buys the pattern" to save you the time and expense. Sure you can buy a pattern or two...

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,523Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

These patterns can be printed on fabric, upholstery vinyl, wrap vinyl, wallpaper, hydrographic film, ad nauseum...

Man.. You weren't kidding...
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,435Administrator El Jefe
    Yea I am nauseated every time I see Wile post... =)
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,523Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    **badword**
    LOL.
    LOL Thank you.